Food For Thought

southerngal

Hey if you can make survival beer you can make survival anything. Still haven't bought that beer yet though! I remember quite some time ago we had a thread going about bacon in a can. (It's reviews were really good BTW!)

elizabeth

Ugh. That's why we take coolers, put ground meat in it and eat it the first night. After that it's fish or starve. (Or hot dogs, which some people associate with starving.)

Gwen

Well, when there is nothing else to eat, it could be better than starving to death. But it is something that I would not take with me on a camping trip...

Michael

I freeze burgers and let them slowly thaw in a cooler. Even with just insulation (ie without additional ice or ice packs) you can get a burger to last a day or so. With ice and such, you can get it to last longer. If you're car camping, you can use one of those huge coolers that'll keep things nice and cold for days.

My point with this mostly is that canned burgers are an absolutely terrible idea. It's epic how bad of an idea that is.

savvyninja

Wow. Canned cheeseburgers! Leave it to German engineering to design a long lasting cheeseburger. LOL. I wonder how long they really last. Personally, I'll stick to conventional dehydrated foods for camping and the ol' post-apocalyptic zombie shelter.

Tubby

Oh yum-Not! I don't think I would ever even try that. There are so many other things you can find to eat out in the woods that are so much better than this must be. I would rather eat a much more delicious fried rattlesnake than to eat this mush.

Walking Man

I don't think I even want to try that. I'm usually not a very picky eater, but it looks disgusting. There are a lot of disgusting things I've tried but that one doesn't even look like something I would eat.

Mary Beth

I am just wondering if David Hasselhoff, has canned cheeseburgers in his survival pack? Seriously, though, I think I would rather eat a slug, than a canned cheeseburger.

outwest

Those pictures make me want to toss my lunch. Honestly it reminds me of people that can constantly eat TV dinners and survive without some horrible health issue after eating all of that cardboard. No way Jose!

oldsarge

Hey....what's wrong with TV dinners? Turkey with all the fixing's, fried chicken, I love'm all. But then again I like MRE's and airline meals!

ejdixon

There are some airline meals that are really tasty. Then again, there are some that can hardly be classified as edible.

Pathfinder1

I usually don't trek very far,
when all around me black bears are.

Thanks for the indigestible review...!! Well, some people will try anything once, eh?

Someone mentioned bacon in a can. I have tried some of the pre-cooked bacon which came in a green can (forgot the brand name), and it is very tasty. Needs no refrigeration, and keeps well on the shelf (I don't remember its shelf life). Again, it was quite tasty.