Fresh Fish Fast

Smack

Most fish can be cooked right after they're caught, and many can be cooked whole. Just chop off the head, descale the fish, slice through the belly and clean out the entrails. Rinse thoroughly. Wrap each fish in heavy duty foil with some butter, a few slices of lemon (or lemon juice), salt and pepper and place over the heat. It can be cooked on the grill, over the camp fire or in the glowing embers of a dying fire. Check it every ten minutes, as it doesn't take long to cook fish. Unwrap and enjoy!

Hikebike

Yum! We are fishing this weekend (camping too) so I'm going to try to catch and cook the same night. I bet the kids will love it. I have only had fish on the grill a couple of times and it was delicious!
Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Valdaree

The best fish I have ever tasted came fresh from the water in Homer, Alaska. We watched them from landing to gutting, battering and serving. Yes, the best Halibut and chips ever!

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
If out without much in the way of supplies just grab yourself a sapling's limbs and get a few strips, after gutting the fish place a few 'tooth pics from the limb' to hold the gut area open, place a longer limb through the fish through the mouth.

that's a good way to get yourself some cooked fish with a nice smokey flavor.