Gluten Free Upside Down Birthday Cake

Cappy

Not sure if any of you have any gluten issues but I thought I'd share a piece of Peggy's birth day cake with yall. Made with plums from our yard and lemons too, it is a great simple way to make a cake. It has been done in dutch ovens many times here is the complete recipe with pictures if ya aint gotta make gluten free use a box of cake mix.

Here's the recipe:
http://cappyandpegody.blogspot.com/2015/01/gluten-free-upside-down-birthday-cake.html

Here's a piece for you:

Grandpa

gourmet stuff there Cappy. We just use the boy scout method. 12" dutch oven, dump in two cans blueberry or Cherry or apple or peach pie filling, dump one white or yellow cake mix powder over the fruit, sprinkle one can of sprite or 7up or better yet, red 7up over the powder. Pull part of a shovel of coals out of the fire, set the oven on the coals, pull another part of a shovel of coals on top of the oven, wait 20 minutes and dive in. If you wait 21 minutes to dive in, the scouts will have cleaned it out. We call it "dump" cake. But with a herd of boys, jump fits better than dump because if you don't jump when its done, you'll be down in the dumps.

Cappy

I am very old friends with the dump cake and we made lots of them not only while camping in the dutch but also in the oven in the regular black iron. Since peggy cant have it and ya gota watch ingredients now we make upside down cake still with the dump technique too much butter and fruit and brown suger. She makes the cake with her special ingredients and we pour the batter over the fruit. In this case fresh canned from our yard.