Going out on a limb here!

sfm809

Hey everyone,

I'm obvioulsy new to this site, but I'm also new to HOUSTON, TX. I'm from Austin and am accustomed to finding cool hiking spots all over the place--although I think I might have explored almost every bit of our greenbelt. But regardless, I'm used to going out for a hike and not having to worry about a thing, just relax and soak up nature, and maybe even meet a couple of friends along the way. WAY different in Houston..a hike basically entails everything opposite of that. So, I'm going out on a limb here by hoping someone on here is from Houston (or a nearby area) and would like to explore the/any outdoors with me:)

If not, I'm a big fan of roadtrips..even if it's just a few hours away, and am more than willing to drive somewhere for an amazing outdoorsy trip/destination. Testimony to my likings, this past summer I drove all over the midwest hiking around the national parks and cool places in AZ, CO and NM. Last summer I took a roadtrip to Glacier NP--WOW is the best word I can describe that trip in (in a good, breathtaking way:))--and I go down to Big Bend NP whenever I get a long weekend or chance to get away, since it's only about 8 hrs from here and I LOVE west Texas.

So contact me! I'm always up for a good adventure!

Sara

dinosaur

troublemaker
I love Texas. But, Sara, your limb is a little too far for me since I'm in Northern Indiana I don't get there very often. I used to know some folks in Houston but that was a long time ago. Nice folks, pretty town. You'll meet some people. Don't worry.

ppine

Forester
Sara,

I used to have relatives in Texas. There is pitifully little public land in the eastern part of the state. One thing TX has is water. A boat changes everything because you then have access to all that open space. I would recommend a boat.