Group or Just Family

BTBoop

When you go camping do you prefer to get a whole group of friends and family together or do you prefer to take just your immediate family on these outings?

YogiBear

I think it depends since I like to do both. There are certain times when bringing a group along is great like holidays such as the fourth of July. Then there are those times that I just want to be with my family and spend some quality time with them.

sherbearski

:tinysmile_hmm_t:When I think of groups/family camping I think of how fun sharing a campfire with a larger group is. To me campfires just seem meant for groups, although a campfire in a quiet, secluded spot alone with my honey can be very romantic. I love going on family camping trips for a few days, but it is a lot of work and I have little time to really sit down and relax on family trips with six little ones running around! So when I want to go on a trip to relax and enjoy going with a few friends is the way to go!

Seven

We do both. We have one family camping trip as all my siblings and their kids and my parents. Then just my immediate household goes on a couple weekend trips through the summer as a family. I love them both!

April

We just go as a family. Most of my relatives don't make the time to spend it outdoors as they are 'too busy'. It is sad they don't understand what they are missing, but at least I am not missing out!

jacob321

Both are nice! Depends on the occasion. If you just finished school and the summer came, go out to the wild with your buddies! a few days out there, singing, dancing, drinking around the camp fire would sure make a great celebration and memory!
Or better, go camping with both your family and your buddies! invite your best bud's family too so things can get more entertaining as both of your families share the things that you don't know about each other!

Grandpa

I had way more off time than family so got hooked up via internet once with a group. What a joke. Thirty people from all over the US. Some were bonking the first two hours, one running at about 5 mph. However, six of us hit it off and we have been getting together for a week every year for the last 7 years. Last year, we made it two trips and plan to again this year. Bro-in-law invited me with some of his friends on a week trip. Now we plan a 7-10 day trip each year. Add to these two groups, several 3-7day outings with the grandkids plus some solos with just me and the ole dog. Which do I prefer? It's all good.

campclose

A big ole group of people, the more the merrier! That means more laughs, more people to do things with and more food! We always camp with a lot of people. The kids love it too, gives them extra people to play with!