Hiking to take Pictures

Pepsigal

I sometimes just go for a hike with my camera and take pictures of the woods and the wilderness and the water. Anyone else do that?

Jobiwan

I never go in the woods without a camera. I have close to 7000 nature photos. Time for my semi annual photo culling. I'll end up deleting about 2500. It takes me 3-4 days to do this.

freedommachine

I take both my phone and digital camera. I never hike without a way of taking pictures.If I know it will be a short hike somtimes I just use my phone, but for long hiking camping trips the regular camera is better since it does not need to be recharged just needs more batteries. You never know when you might find some giant of an old tree,waterfall,caves, good place for pics of spouse or dogs.

LittleLady

Oh absolutely. I have tons of pictures that I have taken, and then had enlarged and printed. I love nature photos. When I decided I had too many hung up, I created an album, just for my hiking shoots.

Newanderthal

Just took a wonderful hike to South Mountain in North Carolina. Wonderful scenery and a spectacular waterfall... and I forgot the damn camera at home.

Guess I'll just have to go back.

Pepsigal

I have some really good nature shots as well. There are some really nice waterfalls and coves and caves in my area. Some are even right on the water and you have to wait for the tides to be able to explore them.

oldmangunner

I always take my camera with me as well. I have some really interesting pictures. One of my favorite is of a giant spider web with a bright orange garden spider sitting in the middle. I also love to get pictures of spring wild flowers.

Kepper

Wanderer
Photography is one of the main reasons I go hiking. It's nice to go back throught the pictures and remember past hikes.

Footprints

I always have my camera with me, but it's more in case I see something I really want to capture. I don't keep it out the whole time.

Grandpa

Much easier but less tasty to pack an elk or deer out in the camera than on your back. Besides, no season and you get to shoot all you want. But once a year I take the rifle too.