How do you find your way?

bluet

I'm sure some of us ever get lost when we are trying to get to the camping location. Are you relying on GPS in your car. Or you always use the map? Or you prefer to asking for directions?

dtinnan

I learned map skills in the army, compass also, i don't have a gps. i do a pretty good job of keeping my bearings when traveling

amine

I rely in all of the above said things. Everything helps at some point of time. Gps is always reliable and i use it. But in some location, we wontn get the exact place there, i use the other two options.

HereToday

I'm too cheap

I still won't pry open my wallet enough to get a GPS, and I know it would be a good investment. It's just that as long as I have a compass, decent map and a cell phone I feel pretty secure.

nawza07

with the modern technologies we just simple use GPS but the cost is expensive. If you your insufficient budget can use compass as alternative but make sure you know how to use compass. The cheapest is bring maps with you when traveling.

doormaverick

Lets just say I couldn't find my house if it wasn't for the help of my GPS. Seriously, it is one of the greatest inventions ever made. I always use it on trips out of state and it helps me avoid the hassle of getting lost. I can really focus all my intention to having fun and enjoying my trip.

tour

I like to look into the GPS in my mobile phone. Asking directions would be difficult as it would be hard to find someone who is ready to help us.

ahmedabad

If I lost my way, I will ask to somebody who is there..
If none of person with us then I call to some of my relatives who is aware from that place and find out my way easily.

trek

I will always carry an map of the location which i am visiting so that if i get lost i can find my way back.I will call my friends i cant find my way out.The best thin is take a map and compass with you for finding direction.

vidit

i prefer maps in compare of gps because maps get you more interesting thing to find out ways.and i think map is made for only camping.
and i used to go with maps in camping and i don't want to go with gps just stick with maps.

pavan

we use to find ways or routes while we camp using maps for the particulare place where we have planned to or by using compass with the guide lines in the map and now a days its very easy using a GPS and machines of the same use such as GPS.

henry

I rely on the map alone. I dont have a gps system installed in my car and so i have to rely on the old fashioned way of using map.

steven

i use the GPS in my mobile and most of the times with maps of the place where i have planned for my camp and even compass will help us a lot while using maps.

richy

compass with the help of maps and nowadays GPS facilities are world wide so these things help to find my way my camping.,.,

slide

I have my compass with me always. But i always do it in the classical way of using map. Also i have installed brand new gps in my car. So next time i will use it.

justontime

I use a map, I plan my route before I leave home, and I have the map ready if needed. I get the traffic updates on my mobile.

atula

I rely on maps and asking for directions....I do take a keen look at the area I am visiting before the camp so I do have a basic idea of where I am heading in case of emergency situations...

oldsarge

I own a GPS and use it along with a map and compass. I like to use terrain association with my map, then use the GPS to help confirm my actual location. All in all the technique helps you develop map and compass skills with out getting too disoriented or totally lost.

Newanderthal

walk the trail until I see something interesting in the forest that makes me say "Ooh!". I go to check it out and see something else. Fifteen "Ooh! Moments" later I find a flat spot to spread my bag and set up the tarp shelter. Then I use my keen sense of direction to get back to the vehicle when it's time to leave.