How do you like your bacon?

jeddah

What is your favorite way to cook bacon aside from using it to wrap meat or vegetables and grill it right away? I love making bacon soup and eat it for dinner along with french bread.

Fox38

I've never heard of bacon soup. Is it really fatty? Bacon has a lot of grease when we cook it so I can't imagine it would be not fatty.
I like crisp bacon on burgers or BLT's in the summer.

Jimbo

The good old fashioned way, with eggs, toast and a tall glass of milk. I like mine crispy, but not so hard that it crumbles in your mouth as soon as you bite it.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I like it in a sandwich with lettuce and tomato. I like it in a salad. I like it in a green bean casserole. I like it as a snack. I like it wrapped around a burger or tossed in a stew. Bacon is a gift from God that vegetarians are precluded from consuming. They are definitely a step under the rest of us on the stairway to heaven.

CatsEye

I like bacon any way it can be fixed. If I'm making BLTs I take it and weave it before I put it in the skillet so it will be a solid and mostly unmovable mass of bacon. BLTs-mmmmmmmmmmmm!

charley

I like my so crisp it breaks. You can also put cooked but not eaten bacon in the fridge or freezer and when you want some in your eggs just pull it out and crush it up in the eggs. I also like it in with the fried potatoes.

T

tentrus

Dino rocks on this one.... I love BLT's and it's what I had for dinner. I like to add a slice of turkey to the BLT. I also love German potato salad loaded with bacon. I also love bacon swiss burgers! I'm starving now and I just ate!

perchbutt

perchbutt
Any way you cook it!
Crunchy bits in my salad or mashed potatoes, soft bits in my pork-n-beans, crunchy w/ eggs.
One really good thing to do with it is generously throw some pepper and thyme on it in the morning; that afternoon fry it on up to not quite crunchy, saute chopped onion, tomatoes (sun-dried or otherwise), olives and toss it all into a pile of noodles (spaghetti or otherwise). Throw on some grated parm or asiago cheese.

wvbreamfisherman

Bacon-wrapped chicken livers, sprinkled with seasoned salt and fresh-ground black pepper and cooked in a gas grill with a smoker box until the bacon is done.... Yummm. Drooling a bit just thinking about it. I've made these and taken them to lots of parties for appetizers and rarely brought any back home.

Judy Ann

In homemade clam chowder and on a Cobb Salad. Had to make a BLT before I could post a response since you all made me hungry reading your posts! :)

Grandpa

In homemade clam chowder and on a Cobb Salad. Had to make a BLT before I could post a response since you all made me hungry reading your posts! :)
Dang it, guess I know what I'm fixing for lunch today, :tinysmile_fatgrin_t I know that new tomato out in the garden will be ready to pick.

Judy Ann

Dang it, guess I know what I'm fixing for lunch today, :tinysmile_fatgrin_t I know that new tomato out in the garden will be ready to pick.
I never can wait at the start of tomato season and always pick a couple of green tomatoes and make fried green tomatoes in some bacon grease. Crispy and golden brown on the outside...:tinysmile_twink_t2:

wvbreamfisherman

Just put about 3 lb of halved cherry tomatoes on the food dehydrator. Sprinkled with a little black pepper- they smell great drying! Got at least that much more in the garden that's not ripe yet.

Judy Ann

Large shrimp stuffed with crabmeat, wrapped in bacon and grilled!

OK, my arteries are starting to clog thinking about all the lovely treats made with bacon!!!

WVBF, what are you using dehydrated tomatoes in? Sounds cooler than canning and putting up sauces in the middle of a hot summer!

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
What is your favorite way to cook bacon aside from using it to wrap meat or vegetables and grill it right away? I love making bacon soup and eat it for dinner along with french bread.
Never had bacon soup, I have had bacon as an additive in soup.

I like the 'bacon weave', you basically make a square out of many pieces of bacon, bake that in the oven for about 20min on 300 or until slightly crisped. Remove from the oven, fill with cheese, potatoes, breakfast sausage,roll like a log, place back in to the oven for a few minutes to heat the filling then slice and server :).