How many own horses?

campfire

How many of you have your own horse? Do you board it, or is it on your property? It's something I've always thought about getting. I've toyed around with the idea of starting a horse rehabilitation program. I have the land for it, but still working out the kinks.

dinosaur

troublemaker
What exactly is your idea of rehabilitation? Are you talking about horses that need care because their previous owners didn't have the sense to worm them annually, provide the proper feed, or enlist the services of a qualified blacksmith to give them an annual pedicure?

Valdaree

I have a couple of ex work colleagues who have horses. One breeds them and shows them at local shows and the other jumps in gymkhanas. It's too expensive a hobby for me.

T

tentrus

Nope, I don't own any horses. I have a couple of family members that own horses and they keep them right at their home (horse barns). I have no desire to own a horse, they take a lot of care, money and work.

Briant

I have 40 acres of pasture land that I keep my horses on. I also keep horses for a few friends of mine on my land during certain times of the year when they are away on vacation. I don't see the point in having horses if you are just going to board them somewhere.

CozInCowtown

We have 2 permnat resident along with a donkey on our own place.
Late summer I will pick up a couple pack horses for Colorado then sell them later after my hunting trip.
DC