How much gasoline do you take camping

freedommachine

This isnt a 4x4 question, any car needs gas. When you camp out in remote places to you have to take extra fuel, feel comfertable taking extra or never been that far out. Me and my wife normally take between 5-15 gallons depending on where we go. I like to go out in the mountains and see people loaded down with gas cans and wonder why they need that much extra. We have to gas cans on the back of our jeep that always stay on it. 9 times out of 10 we need at least an extra 10 gallons besides the full tank. I am just curiuos if and why you take extra gas cans. On our honey moon we camped way out and only brought 12 gallons extra, it was barely enough. So this summer we hope to bring 20 gallons for our extending trips, but gas prices might dictate. So lets hear it do you take, not take,wish you could take,etc..

Ilovelife

I take around 10 gallons, I have never really needed anymore than that. I always figure out where the closest stations are, but usually once we stop the car we don't drive it again till we leave.

JollyRogers

I have never gone to a trail head that was more than 125 miles from a gas station. My truck can get just over 250 miles on a tank. Once I get to the trail, the truck is parked and I hike in and back out.

So I have never needed any extra fuel other than what was left in my tank.