Its like my car

hippieP

Very few times since I tend to travel a good bit, have I never needed or wanted a car. My bike is my car and I have had a few that I have loved just as much as others use cars. I understand sometimes a car is needed, but not always and its a great form of exercise. Why are more people not biking it?

Grandpa

In my case, because the nearest walmart or Mc D is 60 miles away, over a high mountain pass, and the nearest place to buy a soda is just under 10 miles. Our county high school buses kids 75 miles one way to get the 40 or so kids in each grade to class. It's a mile down to my mail box, which I walk each day for the excercise.

However, I am the exception and you make a good point hippie.

IndianaHiker

Because many are lazy

Just look at all the people in cities that live only a few blocks from many of the things that they want and need. Even though it's only a block 90 percent of the population would never thinks of walking or riding.

Grandpa

Lmao and yeah, I drive to town, stop in front of a store, then drive a block to the next store. Good point hippie, guilty here after all, lol

But after driving that block, I'm out of town again......

outdoorsy

I wish I could cycle more ~ I live in the country so it's almost impossible for me to ride all over the place. I commute 20 miles one way to work each day. I'm also an accountant so I have to wear suits a lot. I can't imagine riding my bike 20 miles in a suit.

Betty

Where I live now, it's not conducive. It's ten miles to town with major hills all the way, not to mention snow for 5 months of the year. As a college student, my bike was my car.

outwest

A friend of mine in NYC says he loves to be in the city. We spent a few years in the same small dinky town and we always lived far off, bikes were what we watched on TV shows. Now I am sure he is a tad more in shape than I am but then again I moved back into the boonies kind of.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I bike as often as I can. However, I love my hot rod. And, my 4X4 will go places my mountain bike won't. The gas guzzling beast will also carry more tools and gear.

Back when I lived in Chicago, I used to bike to work (about ten miles). I never had to pay for parking, I brought the bike into my office.

Last edited: