I've got rabbits...now how do I kill them?

Greatoutdoors

Okay we've never hunted rabbits before, and they are all over my backyard. We live in the county, but it's a neighborhood. How do I kill these little rascals before they get in my garden and so we can make a yummy stew out of them?

Last edited:

topwaterking

I would suggest pellet gun. bbs do often wrk unless u get into the high calibers. and head shots would be a suggestion because most of the time they kick in place for a minute but dont run anywhere

wvbreamfisherman

Pellet gun would be my first choice. As a silent alternative, you could use a bow with a blunt point on the arrow. They make tips with wire prongs to limit penetration and also cut down on range a bit.

You could always use a wire snare, but you run the risk of catching cats and other critters.

Grandpa

I'd get a live trap or two such as havahart. Then you could kill the rabbit at your convenience rather than when opportunity presented. Using a club is much cheaper than wasting ammo. Besides, if you shot one, half the neighbors would be calling ASPCA and the other half would be wanting a piece of fried rabbit.

Greatoutdoors

Thanks for the suggestions guys. We may try a trap because I don't always see them, but I know they are there. One got into my tomatoes! :hurt: If I see one though, a pellet gun to the head it is!

Scotty

Yum! Fried rabbit and gravy for breakfast! Nothing like a good fried rabbit to start the day out right. We used to have that all the time when my Dad and I were hunting. I could skin a rabbit and dress it in 10 minutes. I'd have it sectioned up and ready for Mom to flour and put in the skillet before she could get the skillet hot.