kitchen accidents

anand

how to prevent these kind of accidents and safety measures to prevent them????

SQuirrel

Just have everything ready, and plan ahead. The only time I ever burn myself, or my food is when I'm like Oh ship, I forgot to cut the cheese Or I forgot to have my pot holder handy, and grab the pot to keep the food burning real quick like.

atula

I agree...while working in the kitchen you really can't do ten things ata time....it is only then that you are distracted and spill the milk or burn something...other than that always remember to switch the burner off....at night before going to sleep especially check twice that all knoebs are closed....

mom2manyboyz

Well, when we camp we often cook by camp fire. It is essential to keep water nearby when doing this. I recently got a reminder of how quickly fire can spread on a dry day. Always make sure you have water quickly accessible a fire just to be safe.

tater03

I agree keeping water or a fire extinguisher around is a must. You just never know when a spark will start another fire. When it is dry they can spread fast.

fbird

preferably a fire extinguisher cause if you are cooking something greasy such as bacon water will just spread the fire out marking it worse.