Koa

Buster

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with KOA - good or bad. My experience with KOA was in Orlando during a camping/Disney adventure. I wont do that again. The KOA campground was too noisy (traffic?) and just did not live up to what a camping experience should be like. The people were nice enough, but I did not like the location at all.

deltic

I guess you would expect somewhere like that to be busy and noisy, it is a different kind of camping because it is more of a means to an end if you use it as a base to go to a Disney park.

failghe

Buster, I tent camp so I never stayed in KOA campground because of all the RVs there and they seem wide open spaces.
However the last time we camped our friends talked us into camping in the RV section with our tents. It was not very noisy at all. There was electric hookups at every site so the generators were not running. The great plus side was no lines in the bathrooms :)

Taggart

I've never camped at a KOA site, but my impression is that they have more in the way of shower and washroom facilities than a lot of places where you'd be more into roughing it.

I have seen KOA locations in Ontario, Canada as well.