Laundry duty

Wendolyn

Who in the house gets the duty of laundry after a big trip? I am actually surprised to see that my better half, sometimes worse half ends up helping with this. All it took was a set of front end loading W&D's to get this working, maybe other ladies could chime in and get some too to help spread the laundry love loads around. :tinysmile_hmm_t:

hikingprincess

I am definitely the one who gets stuck with ALL the unpacking duties, including laundry after a big trip! I wish I got some help other than with unloading the car.

BigBear

I usually end up taking care of the laundry which, I prefer to do to be honest. My husband goes ahead and unloads all the equipment, any food that's left over, and takes care of the fishing stuff(that's his thing anyway). The last time was no fun though, as we had some rainy weather and had to deal with all the mud.

CBatch

Well it depends on how much there is. We usually all chip in and help out. We all sort our own laundry and then I wash it and the family hangs it up outside. I do the regular laundry, but this is all part of camping.

lbean

I will admit that I will do anything that I can to get out of laundry duty. I can not stand doing laundry and I am no good at it. I would rather move mountains then be on laundry duty after a big trip.

bokz

I offer my part to do the laundry because my wife needs an extra hand on that chore. We do not have a maid so it's just the two of us that takes care of everything at home.

evergreen

Depends, most of the time my girlfriend but I help out. Also the machine does the washing so I do not see the big deal, if you'd have to wash them by hand than that would be laundry duty.

faye

I do the laundry part and it's a huge job at home! I just wish my partner extends his hands to help me after he unloads everything from the vehicle.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
My wife is super picky about her own clothes so she does most of the laundry, but I have no issues doing my own if I miss the boat. We share the unpacking duties so it's over and done quickly.

Noah

We do the housework and laundry pretty equally. It does depend on when we get back from a big trip though, becuase if it is late we usually just go to bed as I have to work early in the morning. When I get home though I will help with what isn't done.