Leftovers?

striker

What do you do with them, do you throw them away so that the wild animals will have something to snack on or do you secure them and make sure that the smell doesn't get out? I myself don't like the idea of wild animals hanging around the campsite even if it's at a distance so I usually put them away even if they won't get eaten.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Yeah. God forbid animals coming anywhere near us. You're kidding, right? You go out into the wilds but you don't want any wild animals anywhere near you? What are you, some kind of pod from another planet?

Refrigerator

What do you do with them, do you throw them away so that the wild animals will have something to snack on or do you secure them and make sure that the smell doesn't get out? I myself don't like the idea of wild animals hanging around the campsite even if it's at a distance so I usually put them away even if they won't get eaten.
Striker I have always preplanned my meals and most always never have left overs. I only prepare what I know I will eat. There has been on rare occasions I have thrown my foods into a fire to burn up or have sealed into a zip bag and hauled out in my Bear canister. I never leave foods lay around camp and never leave foods when I leave camp. If you can pack it in then you can pack it out.

Chippin

Depends on the leftovers I would think but it's not exactly like wild animals are picky. What I normally do is collect the scraps. If I don't eat the rest of it by the time my stay is done, any leftovers I have I just toss out for the animals to fight over as long as it isn't toxic to them.

tentmom

We toss out the leftovers on the last day that we are there. Otherwise we eat leftover throughout the camping trip- it seems like someone is always hungry. I would not toss them out while we were still camping though, wild animals!

Grandpa

Depends on the leftovers I would think but it's not exactly like wild animals are picky. What I normally do is collect the scraps. If I don't eat the rest of it by the time my stay is done, any leftovers I have I just toss out for the animals to fight over as long as it isn't toxic to them.
And that leaves the wild animals cleaning your mess looking for more handouts from the next group. PACK IT IN, PACK IT OUT

ChadTower

Also depends on where you are. If you're in a campground all you're doing is training the local animals to converge on that site after dark. It may not bother you but it probably will the next few sets of campers on that spot.

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
We usually have bags\zip lock containers and what not with us so we save our left overs for mid morning\afternoon\evening snacks, why on earth would you want to throw away good food?

Judy Ann

I am surprised if I get to my site and I don't have to clean up trash or food from another inconsiderate camper who failed to pick up after themselves or their kids. It seems to be part of the scene these days to have to clean out the firepit from trash that doesn't burn and to pick up fruit loops from where the tent was shaken out a few hours earlier right where I want to pitch mine. Oh yeh, just love having to pick up other peoples dog food where they threw that out on the ground too so my dog won't get into it. Common sense just isn't common and a lack of consideration for others seems to be increasing. :tinysmile_cry_t4: