Looks like we are going out to eat on Turkey Day

CampingFamily

We had plans for some family to come over and have a big cook out in the back yard (providing the weather was nice) but things have come up and they can't make it. Since it is now just a few of us we decided to just go out to eat for a change, which will be a first for us. Has anyone else here ever gone out to eat for Thanksgiving?

HikerJoe

Where are you going? Me and my family are going to have a wonder.....I don't have a family. I am going to eat a TV dinner over my sink.

beemerphill

My wife and I are both older. The kids have been on their own for a long time. It is easier to just go out to eat on Thanksgiving. There is no long preparation, and no clean up. And, we both get to eat whatever, and as much or little, as we want. When you figure what it cost to prepare a nice Thanksgiving meal at home, the price of going out is reasonable.
When we come home, we can either watch a game, if there is a good one on, or we can visit friends. It is a nice day for both of us.

:tinysmile_grin_t::tinysmile_grin_t:

CatsEye

Yes, I have before. It was pretty good and a good way not to have to deal with endless days of turkey and dressing. My wife usually freezes some of our left overs, but to tell you the truth, it gets so boring, I'm glad when they are gone.

calanta

This seems like the new rage for people, going out for the holidays and hey if you can, do it. No mess to clean up, no waking up at the crack of dawn either. The only bad thing is no leftovers. :(

SpencerT

I have only gone out to eat one time in my life for Thanksgiving. TGI Friday's was opened for a few hours on that day and we were alone in a new city. It was still a nice Thanksgiving, but nothing beats a home cooked meal with all of the family.

ponderosa

I was on call for the hospital one year. Our families were both too far away for me to comply with the required 15 minute response time, so we went to a restaurant. I hated it personally. It didn't feel like a holiday at all.
I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving though!

Hazel

I had just gotten my drivers license and my father and little bro were out of the country for the week. Some of my uncles and aunts were living with us since they had recently moved to this country. I announced that I was gonna treat everyone to Chinese food for the holiday. I had enough money but everyone pulled me aside at separate times to privately chip in to the dinner fund. To make a long story short, when I got home with dinner, I had more money than I originally started with.

ejdixon

Headed out with my buddies to a restaurant a couple of Thanksgivings while I was in college, which turned out pretty great. Just like any gathering or celebration, I find that the people that I am with is the most important thing. Venue is just secondary.

Lamebeaver

Twice

First was on our honeymoon, at a nice restaurant in Callistoga, CA. We had reservations. It was wonderful.

Second time was also in CA, at a restaurant that didn't take reservations. The food was OK, but there was a LONG wait. I would not eat out on a holiday again without a reservation.