Most Beautiful Scenery?

Barney

What is the most beautiful natural scenery you have ever witnessed? I friend of mine swears that New Zealand is the most gorgeous place on Earth.

campclose

Well I have not been to New Zealand. I would say right here in fall. The hills are numerous colors (trees). It's just gorgeous! I've never seen anything like it before. Upstate NY.

oldsarge

I'd have to say Alaska. Even though I love the tropics with the white sandy beaches and swaying palm trees. The vast expanses of mountain ranges and valleys are truly breathtaking.

ppine

Forester
Southeast Alaska and western Washington when the sun is out. That also would include coastal BC.

Last edited:

RuffinIt

I don't think I could pick a favorite, really. New England is gorgeous in the fall, especially with a good foliage year, but some of the spots I've seen in the White Mountains take my breath away. I think there are beautiful vistas all over the world.

Lorax

That's a hard one for me. Depending on season and location, a few come to mind. I just spent a week (a very hot week) hiking around the Tonto National Forest. Two weeks before that, I was up in BWCA and Quetico. Both awesome places, but so totally different.

It would be hard for me to pick just one or two.

Grandpa

I'm a Sawtooths/Wind Rivers kind of person. The sandstone of S Utah is a nice interlude during the "R" months but my heart is with the alpine lakes and granite spires.

Hikenhunter

I Can't say that I have a favorite because I truly like anyplace that is outside. I have a spot on the mountain near my home. I can walk to it in about 30 minutes and it is my own little slice of heaven. I go there when time permits but there are so many others that I just could not choose one. But I have the itch to do a float trip on the upper Delaware River for the fall scenery.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Well, I've been all over and seen a lot in my life. I saw the Aurora Borealis again a couple days ago for the first time in over ten years. It's mighty pretty. I've wandered for a lot of my life so, for me, the most beautiful scenery is when I return; that first glimpse of home.

CozInCowtown

Crimea, Ukraine.
Roman ruins, midevel castles, caves and caverns, pretty girls in dental floss bikinis on the beach with snow capped mountains in the background, etc...it is all there and most beautiful place I have ever visited.
JMO,
Coz

wvbreamfisherman

Hmmmof the places I've actuallly been : Yosemite, Acadia National Park in Maine, the Chik-Chok mountains on the Gaspe' in Quebec. New River gorge in WV. Pretty well anywhere in the Appalachian Mountains in the fall (the Berkshires in Massachusetts are very pretty with fall colors on).

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
I haven't been that many places out of the southeast. The Blue Ridge Mountains are awesome.... But so are the snow covered hills of WV in the winter, and the desert southwest in the spring (I spent a week at New Mexico Tech blowing stuff up, and had time to take some nice drives).
I don't think I could say what is the best. I spent a weekend in NC two weeks ago, in the hills and the fall colors were beautiful. they are beautiful in a different way from winter snows or desert rocks... But I can say, if you don't get out there and look around, you are missing a lot of what is nice is life.

CozInCowtown

For those of us who believe in such nonsence, God is quite the accomplished artist aint he?
Everywhere we look, visit or travel it is just beautiful here on planet earth.
JMO,
Coz

JeepThrills

I guess for me it would be Ireland. The view from the top of Blarney castle was breathtaking. The town of Killarney had some stunning scenery too.