Most disgusting food you have made, but you liked?

Sagebrusher

That bag of powdered eggs I mentioned in another thread reminded me of something I made with it...

Chili Souffle

Ingredients:

Water
Powdered Eggs
Can (s) of Hormel Chili

Mix in large bowl. Put into microwave until it sets up. Eat.
Probably could be done over a campfire, too :tinysmile_tongue_t:

Last edited:

carmen

Poor at the time, electric bill was not paid (horrible roommate) so we stole a ton of used charcoal from neighbors in a gated community that we lived in (which was also horrible). Cooked up some top ramen and generic mac/cheese. I think I only liked it because at the time I was young, dumb and incredibly hungry.

Sagebrusher

Poor at the time, electric bill was not paid (horrible roommate) so we stole a ton of used charcoal from neighbors in a gated community that we lived in (which was also horrible). Cooked up some top ramen and generic mac/cheese. I think I only liked it because at the time I was young, dumb and incredibly hungry.
LOL...were the ramen and mac/cheese mixed together? Can't say I have tried that.

love2hike

That bag of powdered eggs I mentioned in another thread reminded me of something I made with it...

Chili Souffle

Ingredients:

Water
Powdered Eggs
Can (s) of Hormel Chili

Mix in large bowl. Put into microwave until it sets up. Eat.
Probably could be done over a campfire, too :tinysmile_tongue_t:
This reminds me of Waffle House, because you can order chili on your hash browns there. (Or on your eggs, for that matter, although I doubt it's as popular.)

The most disgusting looking food I've ever made that was good was a breakfast bowl with grits, scrambled eggs, shredded hash browns, ground breakfast sausage and sliced cheese. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

Grandpa

I still like it from the old college days of batching it.

Brown half pound hamburger in a skillet
dump a can of pork and beans on the burger, stir and warm.
Eat like a hog.

Grandma won't tolerate it, says it's disgusting. She has to have at least 2 more vegies and some bread to mop up the juice ooops to eat daintily with butter.

I still like it:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Hazel

1 Bag of Doritos with chili and cheese poured in from 7-11. Eaten right out of the bag. OK it was yummmmy but you didn't want anyone to see you eating it. My HS principal caught me working on that snack several years after graduation and just smiled and nodded. Several weeks later I read in the papers that he'd been arrested for buying drugs. Go figure.

dinosaur

troublemaker
1 Bag of Doritos with chili and cheese poured in from 7-11. Eaten right out of the bag. OK it was yummmmy but you didn't want anyone to see you eating it. My HS principal caught me working on that snack several years after graduation and just smiled and nodded. Several weeks later I read in the papers that he'd been arrested for buying drugs. Go figure.
He probably needed them after watching you eat that melange with your fingers.

It does sound pretty good though.

ppine

Forester
I agree with Pathfinder. At the end of longer trips sometimes the combinations of food at hand are very unusual and probably something I would not eat at home. But given the circumstances they are just what we need. I have only rarely eaten anything disgusting in my whole life.

An example of unusual food was some chicken that we cooked in a Dutch on the Trinity River in the land of Bigfoot. There were blackberries everywhere, and a bunch went into the pot, along with some blueberry flavored kool-aid. It was not the best thing I ever cooked, but people remember still remember it.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

I do remember one instance...wasn't disgusting...just inedable...!!

When I was about 12-years old, I hitch-hiked with a frying pan and some regular flour to a friends house. We went into the woods...built a camp fire...mixed the flour with water...and tried to make pancakes. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way, but it was a lesson learned.

TroyS

Haven't really made anything food that's disgusting. But, when it comes to trying some food that was disgusting that I eventually liked, that would have to be Durian. A friend of mine who is Asian brought some along with them when they joined us for a camping trip. He dared me to try it. The smell was horrible and the texture was funky, but I actually enjoyed it.

CozInCowtown

Donalds World Famous Intestinal Express Chili.
It will clean out everybody at once, great where only one toilet is available or just before a long trip with a car full of kids!!

Cappy

I dont think this si disgusting but I been told so.:tinysmile_shy_t: it is a dish we refer to as camp eggs. usually served on the last morning it is what ever is left over mixed in with scrambled eggs. It has included any of the following plus other things I couldn't think of not all at once but any combination there of:tinysmile_fatgrin_t onions, bell peppers, green onions, mushrooms. cheese, salsa, fried fish crumbled, fried chicken, left over bbq etc bacon, sausage, spam, viena weenies, and anything else handy.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t usually served on those great big flour tortillas that we always use as edible plates:tinysmile_tongue_t:

uday

I don't know if it's disgusting to you guys, but for me, it's evaporated milk mixed with plain white rice. Add some chocolate sprinkles for some chocolate twist. Tastes good and it's a perfect snack for a family of four.

Mr.E

A Cuban friend once brought a little tin of squid in its own ink. As the result of a lost bet, my dad, brother and I had to eat it. Nasty!

shaun

The most disgusting food I have eaten and actually liked was a reconstructed, perverse form of cheesecake. I used spreadable cheese instead of cheese, I used a biscuit for the base, and I topped with strawberry jam. It was actually delicious and tasted exactly like cheesecake.

MissyKitty

The worst things i have tried in my life are snails and olives. The snails were so disgusting, slimy and they just looked so wrong. And i just don't like olives, there is something about the taste that scares me away.

Cupcake77

Something that sounds utterly disgusting but is delicious is this concoction that my friend turned me onto. You take day old macaroni and cheese, crumbled up Doritos and nacho cheese and heat it all up.

SalRanger2

ketchup on your mac and cheese is pretty good, i dont do it as much as i used to but you should give it a try! most ppl are like WTF?! lol

oh and a bowl of 1.5 cups of plain yogurt and then say 4 tablespoons of sugar.. lol its great but frowned upon.