My trip to Mt. Charleston

Thelosthiker

Just got back from my two day trip from Mt. Charleston. My two sisters and one of my sisters boyfriend and brother went to Lee canyon to snowboard. Me and my sisters had to take lessons though because we never snowboarded, and man it's harder than it looks, and scary too! But it was really fun!! We were all exhausted.
We then checked in to our cabin. And the most funny thing was that the bathtub was not at all private. The bathtub was out in the open with only the curtain for privacy. Good thing our trip was only for two days, so none of showered, ahaha. I also brought my flashlights to test them out at night time (I collect flashlights), and they were bright!! So that first night we made it a movie night. But before we could make it a movie night, we'd have to have dinner first. So our dinner was at the mt. Charleston lodge. Bill came out to $85. Can you believe it, a cup of coffee is $8, non refillable! Lame!! With out stomachs full, we had our movie night.
The next day we woke up at 9am. Made some sandwiches to eat because we weren't going to pay that much money again for breakfast. Then we went up to Lee canyon again, and found our own little private place all just for ourselves to play in the snow. Everywhere else was packed with people! It was fun!!! We made snow mans and took loads of pictures.
Wish the trip was longer than just two days though, that way we don't feel so rushed.
Great fun!!!
And did I mention that our snowboard instructor was cute?! He was :)

Hayley

The trip sounds great, except for that curtained bath tub. I don't think I'm ready for that, at least not unless I know absolutely everyone there, and even then, I'm not so sure.

Thelosthiker

The trip sounds great, except for that curtained bath tub. I don't think I'm ready for that, at least not unless I know absolutely everyone there, and even then, I'm not so sure.
AHahhaha yeah, none of us wanted to take a shower, we all knew each other, but not that well. But it would've been nice to though, to feel clean and fresh.

SarahGrubb

I love Mt Charleston! Even though we are 'locals' - we live in Las Vegas, we love to stay up on the mountain. After renting a cabin once and having an experience much like yours, we tried staying at the Resort On Mt Charleston. It has become the only place we stay when we go to Mt Charleston. The rooms are nice, the restaurant is great and reasonably priced, and it has access to everything we could possibly want to do on the mountain!
You should definitely try staying there next time! You can find their website at mtcharlestonresort.com. Enjoy!

Thelosthiker

I love Mt Charleston! Even though we are 'locals' - we live in Las Vegas, we love to stay up on the mountain. After renting a cabin once and having an experience much like yours, we tried staying at the Resort On Mt Charleston. It has become the only place we stay when we go to Mt Charleston. The rooms are nice, the restaurant is great and reasonably priced, and it has access to everything we could possibly want to do on the mountain!
You should definitely try staying there next time! You can find their website at mtcharlestonresort.com. Enjoy!
I live in Vegas too! :) If I could I would live up at mt. charleston!! It's beautiful up there, and when do we ever get to see snow where we live right? I will definitely look in to the resort! And that'd be really funny if we met up there coincidentally hahah :D
Thank you!!