Never rode a jet ski

Hyde

I have never rode a jet ski. I really want to but for some reason they make me nervous. Can you guys tell me what it is like and anything I should know about safety?

MtMakiling

It's super fun. I was also scared at first because I couldn't swim--I still can't and I can't ride a bike either. But jets skis have their own balance. No need to fear at all. Once you've tried it, you'll fall in love with it. Make sure you wear a life vest and don't make sharp turns. Obviously, you need to slow down before you turn. It's super-duper fun! Go for it!

calanta

I did one dare and it was on a dare. I guess you could say I did pretty good until I fell off. No injuries for me and none on the ski but I vowed that I would never do it again. :)

Ranger

How did you fall, Calanta? Usually, you won't get injured if you fall in the water. The only problem I think is if you fall and you're not wearing a life vest and you can't swim.
Hyde, you can ride it with someone else if you are scared. You can sit in the back and when you are confident enough then take the driver's seat.

Cloudwalker

Just a word of advice and caution. If you are riding on open water such as a recreational lake be sure to glance over your shoulder before making a turn. Example: if you are making a left turn look over your left shoulder and make sure there is not another jet ski or bass boat passing you. The sound of the engine usually drowns out other boaters approaching you.

Have fun!