Off Clip-ons?

campclose

Have you ever used the new Off clip-ons?

I’m taking them this weekend when we go camping. I wonder how well they work. I received the clip-ons and the lantern in the mail to try out. I can’t wait to see how they work. The packaging states that the lantern lasts as long as 15 Citronella bucket candles. I hate bugs and mosquitoes and they always seem to be out and pestering when we go camping.

Anyone tried these yet? What do you use for bug spray?

countrygal

We usually use the Off Skintastic but I'm going to be trying one of the new Clip-ons. I got a $5 off coupon so figured why not give them a try. You'll have to let us know how they work.

Red-Blooded

We use the sprays and stuff. Didn't know they had these and I am with. I may be a dude, but I still hate bugs. They tear me up too. I must have sweet blood :D

Katydid

I too would love to know how well these work so be sure to report back. My biggest thing is not only how well they work, but also how long they last. With all the rain we've gotten this year in our area, the mosquitoes are plentiful, huge and hungry.:tinysmile_angry_t:

popupgirl

Me too! I want to know how they work too. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t I've got coupons for them as well.
I hate bugs and we love to camp and just sit outside by the campfire at home too. Anything that works better than bug spray and doesn't stink would be a plus for me.

HereToday

We use the sprays and stuff. Didn't know they had these and I am with. I may be a dude, but I still hate bugs. They tear me up too. I must have sweet blood :D
It's the same with my husband. I always tell him it's his tender English skin that the mosquitoes love:tinysmile_kiss_t:.
Wearing repellent on a clip-on would surely have to be better than putting it on your skin (and therefore into your body). I hope they work.

Sky

I have used the Avon Skin So Soft for years and am very happy with it. However, I am curious what are the clip-ons? Do you clip them on to your clothing?

Chris

Sky,

You clip them to your clothing or you set them down beside you if you're stationary. I read the precautions on these things though and I don't know if I want to use them or not! They say not to breathe the fumes, etc. I'll go see if I can find the precautions and post them back here.

Chris

OK, I'm back. This is the precautions from their own Material Safety Data Sheet:

"Eye contact : Flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 to 20
minutes. Get medical attention if irritation develops and
persists.
Skin contact : Flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 to 20
minutes. Get medical attention if irritation develops and
persists.
Inhalation : Remove to fresh air. If breathing is affected, get medical
attention. If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
Ingestion : If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting unless directed to do so
by medical personnel. Drink 1 or 2 glasses of water. Never give
anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical
attention immediately.
5. FIRE-FIGHTING MEASURES
Suitable extinguishing
media
: Alcohol foam, carbon dioxide, dry chemical, water fog
Specific hazards during fire
fighting
: Material may burn in heat of fire.
Further information : Fight fire from maximum distance or protected area. Wear full
protective clothing and positive pressure self-contained
breathing apparatus. In the event of fire and/or explosion do
not breathe fumes.
Flash point : Note: does not flash
Lower explosion limit : Note: no data available
Upper explosion limit : Note: no data available
6. ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
Environmental precautions : Use appropriate containment to avoid environmental
contamination.
Methods for cleaning up : Sweep up and shovel into suitable containers for disposal.
7. HANDLING AND STORAGE
Handling
Advice on safe handling : Use only as directed."

After reading all of that. I'm not sure I want to have them around me. For example- the methods for cleaning up are to sweep up and shovel into suitable containers? What? Can you not throw them away in a trash can like everything else? The precautions for inhalation also concern me a great deal. I am going to avoid them if at all possible after reading the material safety data sheets. I think I'll just stick with Bounce dryer sheets tucked into my waistband and collar.

campclose

Wow... so I used them and they were great. I didn't read all the precautions. I also just tossed them away in the garbage there when we left. They seemed to work well, there were no bug bites on me.
Now if I could have found a way to keep the rain away!

katharina

I might have to try them. The local newspaper sunday had the coupons and there was some for them.
I'll need to check for that coupon because my daughter wants to try them before our next excursion in mid September. I'm not so sure anymore after seeing the precaution list, though... especially the breathing thing with the allergies she has.