One thing

JDSport

Is their one thing you always seem to forget to take with you when you go camping? I don't anymore as my wife does the packing, but it use to be my deodorant and a my toothbrush I would seem to always forget to grab.

Chippin

I forget my alarm clock. It seems silly to bring out on a camping trip, but I'm a very sound sleeper and need something to wake me up so I don't sleep the day away. It's one of those old-fashioned metal ringers, the type that can wake the dead. Sadly, I forget it more than I should and have to rely on the alarms on my cell phone.

Amelie

I often forget my mobile phone charger. My parents we so worried by this forgetful habit of mine that they bought me a spare battery which I could keep charged in readiness to take away with me.

However - I have to remember to take it don't I ??

dinosaur

troublemaker
I always forget to take my worries with me, especially the one about forgetting something.

Refrigerator

Is their one thing you always seem to forget to take with you when you go camping? I don't anymore as my wife does the packing, but it use to be my deodorant and a my toothbrush I would seem to always forget to grab.
I don't use deodorant when I Backpack or camp. Deodorants will attract skeeters and other insects. I do use peppermint liquid soap by Dr Bronner for ll my hygiene uses and kitchen gear cleaning.

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps All-One!

ChadTower

I keep all of my family's camping gear in closed bins in storage. At the beginning of the season we restock anything perishable. When we are loading up to leave all we have to do is make sure we have all of the bins loaded plus the larger gear (tent, bags, grill). We never forget anything that way and it makes gearing up mostly a one time event.

Erwin

It never seems to be the same thing with us. We forget something every time we go camping! I like ChadTower's idea of putting all the gear in bins and Refrigerator Dr. Bronner's soap I will be looking in to!

ChadTower

It does work well. I have a pickup with a soft bed cover and if we're going consecutive weekends sometimes the bins don't even get taken out of the bed. I did melt some stuff that way, though. Guess it gets HOT under that black cover in August. :)

CozInCowtown

I will leave something I need at the house and pack too much gear I don't need or use on the trip.
It is just a law of nature, I don't sweat it anymore.
Coz

FireBuilder

I always think I'm bringing enough socks, but I never do. Even when I bring extra, I wish I had brought more. (I really, really, really hate having cold or wet feet.)

Chad - your idea of having everything prepacked is awesome. Mind if we all steal it?