Parasailing

Foxyloxy

Has anybody tried this? Whenever I am in the Caribbean I see people doing it and it looks so cool and I want to try it, but then there is always that one person on the beach wearing a cast...because he parasailed the day before and broke his ankle on the landing. I think it would be such a blast to do it, but I have this fear of ruining a $4,000 vacation by landing myself in the ER, lol.

lovelife

My boys did this when they were 8, 10 and 13! They all went together. It was such fun watching them and they had a blast!
I would say give it a try.....what a great memory to make while on vacation.

Bushman

Has anybody tried this? Whenever I am in the Caribbean I see people doing it and it looks so cool and I want to try it, but then there is always that one person on the beach wearing a cast...because he parasailed the day before and broke his ankle on the landing. I think it would be such a blast to do it, but I have this fear of ruining a $4,000 vacation by landing myself in the ER, lol.
You could ruin your vacation by tripping down the stairs of your hotel and breaking something. My point is don't get caught up in how you might get hurt if you really want to try something new.

looey

It does look like fun but I am pretty accident prone and I would end up in the ER. I always wanted to try it and a few other things, but I gotta work on my fears first.

Bumpkin

I'm with Looey - accident prone is my middle name. Bushman makes a good point, but for those of us who are likely to get hurt walking across a room, taking chances while on vacation might not be the best idea :D

Bushman

I'm with Looey - accident prone is my middle name. Bushman makes a good point, but for those of us who are likely to get hurt walking across a room, taking chances while on vacation might not be the best idea :D
That is true, taking unnecessary chances may not be the best idea. Personally I think it would make for a much better story if you come back from your vacation saying "I broke my leg para sailing" rather than "I sat in my room the whole time and watched people para sail".

Of course that is a personal opinion, some people might actually like sitting in their hotel room for their entire vacation.

greengrass

I really want to do this and have watched people with envy many times in the last few years. My kids would love it too I think. Maybe on our next vacation we can find somewhere to try it.

Christie

My 13 year old niece did this up in the Wisconsin Dells and she loved every minute. She said it was a bit scary when they were reeling her out, but once she was up there it was a blast. I think most boats are set up for dry take-off and landing, so I'd go for it.

lovelife

I say you only live once, so go ahead and give it a try. I agree with Bushman~ you can't live your life in fear of what might happen. When you are old and can't do this you may regret never trying.