Personal routines

Drupalist

For those who have a personal routine like meditation, yoga or other exercises, are you able to maintain the routine during your camping trips? How do you do that without drawing others attention?

lbean

Well when I go camping I do not worry to much about whose attention I am drawing. When I meditate I can do it laying down in a chair. As far as yoga I do that anywhere because people seem to love it and I think it is contagious. If I do it I will notice others starting to do it too.

dinosaur

troublemaker
My personal routine is Tai Chi. No one ever bothers me about it. Most people know what it is, much like yoga it has been accepted as common. I don't think it raises any more eyebrows than someone lounging in a chair with a cold beer.

SuperFish

I have never been called up on the yoga I do either. As lbean said I think that most people in this day and age know what you are doing and will not question it because they know it helps!

woodsman

Most of the time I go camping with my friends, so it actually works out grate because I get a sparing partner. As far as attention is concerned I don't worry to much about it, if they really have nothing better to do than stare it's there loss not mine.

Noah

I don't worry about the attention either. Usually we just go camping with the family and we do it as a family time activity every morning!

evergreen

I actually went on a karate training camp when I was in my younger days and we were heading into a lake in our gi's. The locals were laughing there butt's off , they thought we escaped from the asylum, after we practiced our forms we started sparing and they stopped laughing.
Point is, don't stop doing something you like just because some people stare as if they haven't got tv's.

Alliegator

I do yoga but I've never thought of doing it at camp. I don't know why because it wouldn't embarrass me but I've just never thought of it. I go to class in town where I live and we will sometimes do yoga in the park so I'm used to people watching.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
I am notorious for seeking out game trails and natural resources around the camp area. My friends have learned to just ignore it. I do it compulsively. Ha ha, today at work I had pinched 2 tiny little twigs from the shrubs outside. They are the size of pencil lead and maybe 3" long and I had them sitting on my monitor riser. The staff who clean for us are also friends of ours so one of the girls shooed me out of my office to clean it. When I came back she said to me ..."I didn't want to throw away your little sticks 'cause I thought they might be important ..."

I had gathered them for tinder trial and I explained it to her and thanked her for not tossing them :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

That is about my only real personal routine that people find weird, but like I say, most of my friends are well used to it and I can't help myself.

bokz

I do meditation and yoga at the comfort of my own tent without any distractions from the outside. It's annoying when there's noise pollution around while I'm trying to relax.