Roast hedgehog

Valdaree

I haven't tried this myself but we met a group of gypsies last time we were camping and one of the old women told me that they cover a hedgehog in clay and roast in in the fire. When you take the clay off, the prickles come of with it. I suppose eating hedgehog is no worse than eating rabbit!:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Sammee

You know, that sounds pretty neat to me. We eat moose and boar but when my parents visited from England they were horrified! I guess it depends what you are brought up to eat. The French eat horse I'm told!

outwest

If I were really hungry enough and I knew for a fact that I would not get sick after, I would give it a go. I mean what happens if we were all stranded and we ran out of food. Gotta make do with what you got, right?

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
Ha, ha, I used to play this as well, which is probably why I wouldn't eat hedgehog. I won't eat cute little bunny either but my husband does and somewhere they eat guinea pigs. I suppose it's all meat!
Hey I saw that episode on Andrew zimmern, he was somewhere up in the mountains and the guinea pigs were easy and fast to mature. :) he said they were yummy.

I'd eat anything that wasn't poisonous or at least try it. I've eaten red ants before to try them, the little ones taste like cinnamon and the larger ones are nasty.