Roasting marshmallows

Forester

I can't wait for summer to come where I can go camping with my friends. I especially love roasting marshmallows. But for the meantime I am roasting them in the fireplace.

Rachel

Oh I wish we had a fireplace! If I want roasted marshmallows, the best I can really do is the microwave, which obviously isn't the same.

overtheridge

Good idea, you can even roast them if you have a gas stove in your kitchen. I'm telling you nothing beats a roasted marshmallow on the campfire. I can't wait for summer either!

Grandpa

I like roasted marshmallows as well, only mine don't survive long enough to make it to the fire.

Sperez

We went camping this past week and I slipped some wonderful dark chocolate into the s'more kit and the kids (7,5) finally got the wonders of dark chocolate. My DD age 5 said " mommy there is a party in my tummy" ;)

mikepond

I love the idea when we bring a new person into our camping group and its their first time out to see the look on their faces with the roasting of the marshmallows.

Footprints

I've been roasting them in the fireplace all winter! I'm considering putting in a fire pit in the backyard just for this reason.

We are planning our first big camping trip of the year now and this is one of the things I'm really looking forward to.

Qweetzy

I roast them on the electric stove if I get desperate during the wintertime. But you are right, nothing beats having them roasted over a campfire. I think some friends of mine are talking about a bonfire in a week or two. Should be a good time.

EyeOfThePark

I'm not a big fan of roasted marshmallows, but my kids seem to love them. Sometimes I think they enjoy the marshmallows more than the spooky campfire stories... :tinysmile_tongue_t: