Seat furniture

enzo

Do you bring a seat furniture with you when you camp on the trail park or hills? I have a folding stadium seat with arms that is already old and can't be used anymore. I was wondering what kind of seat furniture should I buy that is of more durable, stronger quality and can last for years?

HappyFeet

Nope, I don't bring seats while trailing or camping. I use what nature can provide as my seat. I leave all the comforts at home because I wanted to be with nature. I will enjoy all the comfort I need when I go back home.

puddle jumper

We have those collapsible canvas chairs that have their own tote that you can sling over your shoulder. They don't take up alot of room and are lightweight. Nothing fancy but does the job nicely.

woodsman

I don't usually bring any furniture with me as we always make do with what nature provides, but you could probably find foldable camping chairs that were made to resist outside conditions.

Thumper

It just depends upon whether we are hiking or not. If we aren't camping by the car then we don't bring any chairs. If we are camping in a camping area we usually bring camp chairs, collapsible tables and a lot of other things we don't normally bring when we are hiking.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
We have those collapsible canvas chairs that have their own tote that you can sling over your shoulder. They don't take up alot of room and are lightweight. Nothing fancy but does the job nicely.
This is what I use as well. I have one by Roots that is really comfortable. For backpacking I have a small 3 legged folding canvas stool that attaches to the outside of my pack and weighs almost nothing. Very handy to have - especially in wet weather when sitting on a log might give you the 'roids :tinysmile_grin_t:

Jade

I don't know of anyone that takes seating stuff with them when they go camping, unless they're going RV'ing. I guess we get into too many remote places that wouldn't allow us to take such a luxury with us.

I admit to using a hatchet to make myself a chair, and to using firewood to create a heat-reflective wall, however.