Small kids & towable tubes!

KatieMarie

I know it is a lot of fun to be towed behind a boat on one of those tubes/rafts, but do you really think it it is a good idea for young ones to be on there by themselves! It doesn't matter if they do have on life jackets, I just can't believe what some parents are thinking! We were out the other day and saw two kids that couldn't have been more then 6 or 7 being towed behind a boat. Although not real fast, still I just don't think it is safe.

Regina

I know exactly what you are talking about! It just makes you wonder just what they are thinking! We are on the water a lot and see all kinds of crazy things that just make you shake you head in wonder.

limbs

I think it depends on the kids. In most cases I would say no it is not safe. However, some kids are amazing swimmers and can handle themselves very well in the water.

ponderosa

I think it depends on the kids. In most cases I would say no it is not safe. However, some kids are amazing swimmers and can handle themselves very well in the water.
I'd say it also depends on the water conditions (smooth or choppy, warmish or frigid), the person driving the boat, and other traffic on the lake. An experienced kid, a cautious driver going slow, smooth warm water, no other boats around...I think it might be OK under some circumstances.
My personal pet peeve is little kids driving their own 4-wheelers, snowmachines, or motorcycles, which seems to be kind of common around here.