Stupid Rats

HillbillyMama

We just replaced our wiring this last year and yet again these pesky little rodents have chewed up some wiring! We have put out literally pound after pound of poison yet they still live on!

nomad

You better call a pest control company. Don't wait for these critters to multiply. I think these pests become immune to ordinary poison and needed a much powerful chemical to kill them.

greengrass

A friend of mine has problems with mice chewing through her phone lines quite often. I wonder if there is a nest or something that keeps them coming back?

Reese

It sounds like you probably have a nest of them somewhere. I would call an exterminator because they can be quite tricky to get rid of.

climber4life

Did you try getting a cat? I had mice and rat problems so my landlords let me get a cat. She ate them right away. We had caught 4 mice in traps in 24 hours!

Shanna

My dad used to have a company where he got corn meal with ground glass in it. He would put it out and they would all be gone in a matter of days. They even would take it back to the nest for the little ones. We never had trouble with rats and mice.

Gopher

Yeah, I'd say that would kill them. No waiting for them to bleed out from the poison, just wait for them to bleed out from the cut glass! LOL. Rats are horrible creatures, I would do anything to keep them from getting around my house. We pretty much don't have to worry about rats because the garter and black snakes take care of them for us. I would rather have the snakes than the rats.

Camoguy

I hate the vermin. I'm always trying to kill them in our barn. They are the worst pest there is. They carry disease and make a nuisance of themselves. Cats are great to keep them out of the barn.

3ofusnow

When we moved there was an issue with rats and an outdoor building the pest people told us to go to Home Depot and buy these huge chunks of decon. Toss them in and walk away...they were gone (the rats) within a week!

calanta

We have a bad rain gutter that needed replaced and somehow (determination?) a squirrel got inside it and was using that area as a hidey spot when the rain would come it. It actually sounded like rats were inside my ceiling - fully creped me out.

Lovefall

Oh no! That really stinks. Have you tried moth balls? I'm not sure if they work with mice or rats though. I am thinking the critters need to go somewhere when it gets cold and that is where they choose.