Tent color.

evergreen

Do you guys take the color into consideration?
It's said that green and brown colors don't disturb the natural habitat where you are camping, but logic dictates if you get lost a yellow tent for example will be much more noticeable from the air than a green one, than again you could opt for not getting lost.

Michael

Tent colour isn't a huge consideration for me. I'm a lot more concerned with the functional features of a tent.

Given a choice of colours for the same model of tent, I tend to err toward blue. It's a very visible colour in the woods, because almost nothing else is blue. At the same time, it's not terribly loud as colours go, so it doesn't get obnoxious.

lbean

I have a few different tents and I do consider the color for the trip. If I am going out in to the wilderness I might go with the brightly colored tent for safety. Other wise I like the dark blue and brown tents.

CBatch

The color of my tent really does not matter to me either. I always choose my tents by the brand and the room they have. I never thought about the tent blending in.

Noah

It is funny you mention yellow, as mine is yellow and black. We have a brown and black one too, but the yellow one is bigger.

puddle jumper

When we bought our tent, we really didn't consider color at all. My husband and I tried to be practical and look for function, ease of use, and durability and our kids wanted something "big and cool". :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Jade

It depends on where we're going to be camping. If it's a really rustic and rural locale, the bright yellow tent makes the trip. If we're car-camping at a pay-to-stay campsite, the blue one goes with us.

Color does matter for us because of just how far we'll go to be in the boondocks. In British Columbia, it's possible to find yourself more than 100 miles from the nearest community.

Seven

I did not consider the color of the tent at all. I just needed it to be within my budget and big enough for my family.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
I do consider the color of a tent when I make a purchase. The reason is that I detest bright colorful objects in a naturally colored setting. I go into the back country to enjoy the natural beauty, so a big, bright orange blob is a turn-off for me. My current in-service tents are both dark blue which is not ideal, but not too bad either. I have a couple camouflage tarps that I fly above them that helps to tone it down a bit.

Function is a given. I won;t buy a tent just for the neutral color if it does not meet certain requirements, but if a tent meets all my requirements but is bright colored, I still won't buy it lol.

Camoguy

When I'm camping, I would rather have something that stands out a bit. I don't mean like a sore thumb but I tend to go toward the blue. But like everyone else, I would rather have functionality rather than color.

CRhoads

I try to stay away from bright colored tents. I try to get something that blends in with whatever environment I am camping in.

Lee Mason

No orange!

Ive camped in a wide variety of tents and I can honestly say that the worst I ever used were either orange or yellow. Those two colors attract insects (particularly BEES) in enormous amounts. Dark color tents warm up faster in daylight warm climes but they also tend to block out more light and allow you to sleep longer if you wish (in cold climates) I find the best colors to be greens and browns for blending in, being cool, still allowing some late sleeping etc.
If your worried about getting lost a bright blue tarp (or yellow/orange) will do nicely in a pinch :)

le Metis

I tend toward earth, and forest colors, the exception is when climbing at high altitudes preferring colors that tend to scream out for attention. Should a rescue be required, then the tent will serve as a beacon...

campershell

I choose neutral colored tents, but the primary consideration is always the features and the functionality. I also buy one or two bright colored flags to go along with it to distinguish my location.

Pril

I don't know I have mixed feelings about it. What if the color does attract some wild animal. I think if one carries bright colored tarps or rain-flaps should do the trick. have it be an option to display.

lousinesio

Tent color

When I first began buying my own camping gear I bought a blue tent and proceeded to color coordinate everything. The old Coleman stove never matched, but everything else did. My husband still makes fun of me. Our newest tent is very neutral. The old Coleman is still running and really needs a paint job. Hmmm.....:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Color has not been an issue for me. My tents have never be annoying colors. I'm also more into function, that is size, footprint, wieght. However, I also like to set up where there is a breeze. Keeps the misquotes and black flys down. Dark colors also seem to attract these more than light colors.

Philly

Color doesn't matter much with me as long as the critters can't come inside the tent while I'm sleeping. I don't really have a preferred tent color but I always use the color of a tent which the army is using.

Frederico

I've never even considered this question and you've made me think. My tents have always been green or brown - as they came once I selected the model I wanted. I assumed blending into nature was the norm - but having a tent that stands out appeals. Especially as I get older - I would like to be visible if I get taken ill or in some other sort of trouble.