"Tepee" or "Log Cabin"?

Bambi

When you start a camp fire, and you arrange your kindling, do you use the "tepee" arrangement, the "log cabin" arrangement, or something else?

John13np

Definitely the tepee style. Start out small on the inside, and get bigger as you grow it. And I leave a little opening for paper.

Joe S.

I am a log cabin man, all the way. My wife, on the other hand, is a die hard tepee person. We, admittedly, have had a few "heated" discussions on the matter......

Bud

I go the "unstructured" route. I use real small stuff to start with, then pile on successively larger sizes of wood. Each campfire is unique.

Newanderthal

i dig a little trench, lay a few twigs across it, make a mess of tender on top of that, and put my kindling on top of that and a very unorganized pile. A little flame and a few puffs of air into the trench and I have a little fire. Add sticks. No fancy structures, just love and attention.

Aria

I go with the teepee to start and then build a log cabin around it ;D Equal opportunity fire starter here !

BCBabe

I go with the teepee to start and then build a log cabin around it ;D Equal opportunity fire starter here !
Where I am, that's what we do, too: the teepee is to start the fire with, the log cabin to dry the bigger pieces!

outwest

Most times its tepee but every now and then we have some friends who try to get creative when it comes to this. Of course it always breaks off but every once in a while we are blessed with mini buildings that people make.