The hippogriff

Greenjack

I know a hippogriff is just an imaginary animal, but if it were real, it would be a wonderful animal to ride on, and I would love to have one.

Fox38

I'm sorry I have never heard of a hippogriff... what kind of imaginary animal is it and where is it from? A TV show? or something you made up?
I'm not sure if I would like one or not.

DunandAway

I believe it's supposed to be an eagle and lion combination. I don't remember which culture's fables it is supposed to be from but my daughter told me it is mentioned in the Harry Potter series. They were supposed to be rather fierce if I remember correctly.

Greenjack

Well, a hippogriff has the body, hind legs and tail of a horse and the front legs, wings, and head of an eagle. Buckbeak, one of Hagrid's pets is a hippogriff.

Lookaround

Hippogriffs are a great animal, at least which are portrayed in Harry Potter movies. I would love to have one if they did exist in the real life.

Lookaround

Yes, maybe someday.... :) Nothing is impossible, right? Anyway, the other animals I dream of riding on are the giant birds in Avatar. How do you call them?

paloma

I always dreamed of riding a flying horse. A hippogriff is not that far off from a flying horse, isn't it? But a magic carpet would be the best.