Things Are Getting Tough

Camoguy

I've been looking at our local paper today and where there are usually one or two ATVs in the paper, today there were seven. It seems like people are getting rid of non essentials lately. I wonder when it will end?

dinosaur

troublemaker
It will END when congress and the president start doing the job entrusted to them. You must understand, however, that we do not elect accountants, financial advisors, or those with a doctorate in economics. We elect heavily coached personalities who appeal to our emotions. It's rather like asking your sweet beloved aunt to fix your car because she is so well intentioned even though she has no background in mechanics.

We haven't got a prayer.

rockin

Nice response! The only good thing about people needing to sell things is that if you can afford them you get a good deal. I know that sounds harsh but it's true.

I hope it ends soon! I don't know how much more people can take.

southerngal

It's not going to end anytime soon. My hubby and I were talking the other day about how if things get any worse one of the most dangerous places you can go will be the grocery store. I'm willing to bet that soon you'll start hearing about people being robbed at gun point for their groceries. It's a great time to get deals, but personally I'm more concerned with stocking up on the essentials, and no one seems to be getting rid of guns or hunting equipment anyway.

FreeWilly

Good post dinosaur. They don't seem to get a hint that they can start off by stop spending. Or at least stop spending on wars and aid of foreign countries while we are in crisis here. Not everyone is struggling right now though. My company is making more money than ever in the health care supply industry. I have a friend that works for a car dealer and just got a 3k a month raise! Just depends on the person.

3ofusnow

Must be nice to be one of the ones that are not struggling. Others of us on the other hand are struggling to raise a family of four on less than $30,000 a year. Southerngal I don't think that scenario is at all out of the realm of possibility. It's actually one of the scenarios we have discussed too. We like to discuss "what if" situations to prepare for different scenarios and that's one of them.

DThewanderer

This is why we buy extra each month and stick it in the basement. To do that we had to give up a lot of luxuries. No more going out to eat and a lot more shopping at good will.

Hyde

Times are getting tough. I figure the best thing I can do is buy some of those cheap things up. That gives people money and me new camping gear, supplies and much more really cheap. You wouldn't believe the deal I got on a boat this summer.