Thoughts on camping fridges?

drake

Gang, is it ideal to buy a camping fridge at the camp for about 4 to 5 days? I'm going to bring my car and the family will go with me this weekend. If needed, what type of camping fridge should I buy?

Lovefall

You are only camping this one time? I would say take coolers with lots of ice. Can you buy more ice where ever you are camping? I wouldn't put the money into a fridge for a 1 time camping deal.

Foxyloxy

They make fridges for camping?? Wow, where have I been?! Out of curiosity, how big are they and what do they run off of? I'm not sure it would make sense for me to buy one, but I've never seen them before.

summer

I have seen coolers that work when plugged in to a car lighter. This might be something to invest in if you don't want to purchase a fridge.

We usually go the cooler route. We always have one just packed with ice to replace the ice in the other coolers when they melt.

climber4life

You could also purchase dry ice for your cooler, if you did go the cooler route. We always just make sure that we have a limited supply of cold items and replenish them quickly.

calanta

Yea if its not a big trip that you plan on repeating a ton, the price is not going to be worth it. What is the point of using once and then never again, where is your money going?

Prices via Google