Unbreakable Horse

Smack

We used to have a paint horse (can't remember his name) that just couldn't be broken. My uncle, who is a seasoned horse breaker, couldn't break him, and neither could several other people who tried. He was ridable, but not (shall I say) steerable. He'd take off running and you never knew where he was going to go.

He wound up getting killed after getting out of the barn and wandering across the highway.

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
We used to have a paint horse (can't remember his name) that just couldn't be broken. My uncle, who is a seasoned horse breaker, couldn't break him, and neither could several other people who tried. He was ridable, but not (shall I say) steerable. He'd take off running and you never knew where he was going to go.

He wound up getting killed after getting out of the barn and wandering across the highway.
Hopefully by a huge truck so no one got injured.
I stand firm in my believe horses are animals best kept at least an arms length away.

**edit**

savage beatings help dogs understand, perhaps it would help a horse?

WalkingMan

There are always those animals who are unteachable, or untrainable whichever way you want to say it. I think they are better left alone than to try again and again. I've seen some horses who are not able to be trained. And I would rather just pass them on to the pasture and let them be.

I'm sorry it got killed though and I hope, as GROUNDpounder said, no one was hurt. It's horrible that the horse got killed though.

Briant

Sorry that the horse was killed but I am a firm believer that all horses can be broken. I've been breaking horses for as long as I can remember. There are some that are stubborn and refuse to learn like others but just like a kid you have to find their weakness and use that to encourage learning. It is too bad the darn thing was so stubborn!