Uncomfortable seats

Reese

I love to ride bikes, but the seats get so uncomfortable after riding for a little while. Does anyone have any suggestions on a brand of comfortable bike seats?

sarahbean

I don't ride bicycles really anymore and this is a large part of that. Those little seats they put on bikes these days just do not work for my size behind or something. So uncomfortable! Remember the days of the banana seat? Those were comfortable.

Lovefall

I agree with you 100% :tinysmile_cry_t3: I hate the seats on bikes. I could ride a lot longer is the seats were more comfy :tinysmile_fatgrin_t. I don't know of any that are better. I don't remember them being so bad when we were kids. Come to think of it, I wonder if they still sell the banana boat seats?

3ofusnow

You would think as most of us have a little more cushion these days that they would be more comfortable than when we were kids!

Shanna

They do make a new gel type seat that is wider. I don't remember where I've seen these but they look a lot more comfortable than what you normally see.

Reese

I'll have to look into the gel ones. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem! =) I guess that is why you always see the professional riders with their bottoms in the air! ;)

lovelife

My inlaws like to go bike riding. One year for Christmas they asked for bike seats. I am not sure what they were called, but they wanted them specifically because the seats on their bikes were so uncomfortable.
Go to your local bike shop and see what they can offer.