Video Camera

Baleigh

Can anyone recommend a good videocamera to take along on camping trips? Ideally, it'll be something lightweight enough to carry along on hikes, and it would be great if it did both video and still photography. I don't really need anything professional, just something to capture memories to enjoy later.

HikerChick

I've got a Samsung, but it's older and there are probably better versions of the one I have out. I use an Olympus for most of my still shots, but it is video-capable and can take up to 45 minutes of video on an empty 2gig memory card!

grand

You can choose one with an auto focus feature and a bigger memory card from among the available ones in the market. There are no hassles, you just point and shoot videos or still.

Adventurelover

I got one just this past year that I love! It is a Sony Handycam. I got it for under $300 and it is lightweight and takes great shots. It also has a night vision mode that I love to play with!

Corky

I've never taken my videocamera camping, but I have a Kodak ZX1 that is very small and lightweight. I like the video quality. I also like that it's not complicated and I can easily upload stuff.