Wackiest campground?

Marshmallow

We love going to some of those old campgrounds families have put together on their old farms or with some sort of theme. Lots of the activities are home-grown, with old-fashioned games and prizes. One of our favorites is Green Acres Campground in Williamston, NC. You meet the most down-home people there. Where are your favorites?

Quinn

I have never been to any campgrounds around that. I have been camping at Halloween when people get kind of wacky. One woman goes every year, she takes a giant cauldron and dresses like a witch and makes a huge cauldron of apple cider. She really freaks the kids out.

ppine

Forester
The wackiset campground in the world is definitely Burning Man every September on the Black Rock Desert north of Gerlack, NV. It is a counter-culture city of over 50,000 on a giant playa where art and self-expression are featured, culminating in the burning of a 40foot wooden sculpture filled with fire works. If you ever go do not miss the Tesla coils, giant DC generators producing blue arcs of electricity 15 feet into the air and back to earth. It is a night driven event with no facilities. But there is a road dept, fire co, city grid and a radio station for 10 days each year. Check out their web site.

danny28

I've never been to a wacky campground. Those sound like true hoots! We went to a campground in Upstate NY once and everyone there had golf carts. That is how they got around the campsite. We won't be going back there ever.