Weather messing up our plans

Rider One

California is supposed to hot and sunny in June but we're anything but. Some of the parks can't even opened for summer because of the rain and hail. We've had to cancel plans twice now. It's so frustrating.

rockytibby

I hear you on that. I'm from calif. and just two days ago we got snow. Its been raining every day and the temps are in the 60's. We have not camped yet this year do to bad weather. A real bummer.

freedommachine

I am to in california, I get out about once a week into the higher mountains, anything much over 4-5000 feet still has several feet of snow. I was on a plowed road about 7,000 feet up and there was still about 10 feet of snow.My favorite place to camp is still under 3-5 foot snow drifts and cant be driven into at all. I tried not to long ago, my lifted jeep couldnt make it. Had to park and walk down. A couple of years ago in may when we camped we were able to wade in the creek, now this year the creek is a scary river. I was hoping to be camping by now but everything is still snowed in. Me and my wife camp at a lake thats about 7,800 feet but thats probably not going to happen tell july.

Valdaree

That's weird as I always think of California as being hot and dry! It's a real bummer though when the weather turns against you. We once drove hundreds of miles to Devon and had to go back home because it was so wet and windy.

MtMakiling

Is it due to climate shift or the world is turning upside down? I can relate with you. We've been having really strange weather all over the world.

Grandpa

Went for a hike up the canyon this morning. Sky was clear, beautiful day. Was in snow early on but it was packed enough I could walk on top without postholeing. But the clouds are rolling in again now. Probably snow up there again tonight. Never seen the snow hang in there that late into the year.

campclose

We had a lot of rain here too and now it's 97 degrees out! That is also too hot for camping - our heat is very humid so with the heat index it's like 110 out. Can you say sweaty!

hippieP

Hail, thats a new one for me. I know some people up north in WA and a little past are having some crazy weather but lately it seems like everywhere is. Maybe this is the year of less trips outdoors.