What do you tell others?

campernewbie

I know that campers are great for long trips and I have even been in some with friends for get togethers, but when someone comes up and says you are camping wrong what do you say? I get it to a point but when you have tons of people or just want something nice to rest your head on, its not that bad.

Camoguy

Just thank them and change the subject. I usually do several things different than what other people do but what I do suits me so I don't change.

homegrown

punch them in the mouth and tell them they're bleeding wrong.
Crude, and certainly not anything that I would do in reality, though I may be thinking that at the moment. Gave me a hardy laugh for a few minutes there though.

:fencing:

Archer

Ditto to the laughing, thanks Newanderthal! I feel like that's somebody visiting your house and saying "my goodness, you're living wrong!" It's my choice of shelter - get over it!

To avoid long debates over the definition of camping, I'd definitely just change the subject.

Paige

LOL. I just tell them it works for me. Then if it's a cute single guy, I try to get him to show me how he does the camping thing while fluttering my long eyelashes and flirt outrageously!