What is wrong with people?

woodsman

The other day I was walking on a pretty secluded path and what do I find, somebody decided it would be a nice place to take a dump in the middle of it, yes I'm sure if was of human origin. I'd like to think that the person who did that saw a bear and left that little package as a result, but there aren't any bears in the area...

campfire

Wow, that is definitely something. Unfortunately I don't think it is the first time I have heard that. Some people just don't think, period.

WalkingMan

It's a shame that people are so nasty. You would think they had no upbringing at all. It's just the same as when people etch their names in a rock. I don't care if "_____ was here".
I would love to see things left the way we find them, but I don't think we will ever see it.

Hikebike

Gross! Plain and simple gross. They could have at least tried to dig a hole and then take a crap. I don't care if they were scared to go off the trail or not- that is just disrespectful for other people and plain gross.

Refrigerator

it's what we are...nasty. Now what if a bear or dog did that? This would be OK? Are we not of the animal kingdom? Oh yea...we are intelligent.....or are WE!??

Maybe it fell out of there plastic stash bag they had tied to the outside of there pack....you know they might have been packing this out!

I don't believe myself.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I agree with the fridge. It's scat. When you're tracking a beast, you look for it. When you're surprised by it, you've found new game.

Grandpa

SomeSometimes you find to much. We were heading up the trail, grandkids along. Luckily, son in law was in the lead. He went around a turn and there she was, in all her glory, right in the middle of the trail. we gave her a reasonable time to finish and it was all left right there, paper and all.

Later, son in law pulled her husband aside and gave him a talking. It had been removed by the time we came back down the trail.

Some confusion about this post. It was a random couple ahead of us on the trail.

Last edited:

ChadTower

I have to say I would not respond politely to someone pulling me aside to tell me they disapprove of where I did that. No, I wouldn't do that right in the middle of the trail, but talking to me like a toddler in the middle of the woods is going to be an unpleasant conversation.

Grandpa

I have to say I would not respond politely to someone pulling me aside to tell me they disapprove of where I did that. No, I wouldn't do that right in the middle of the trail, but talking to me like a toddler in the middle of the woods is going to be an unpleasant conversation.
If you knew him, you'd listen

greentea

And this is why I usually pick the rough, hard and seldom walked trails. Nobody is in the mood to take a dump when they are about 300 feet from the bottom of the hill and they are walking up a 70 degree incline. Also the city is filled with stupid people, did you really think they wouldn't wonder out into the great outdoors to?

ChadTower

Yeah, that's what I thought. I would politely tell a person to move along. Once. I'm out there to get away from people who think they need to educate me. There are many ways to do things right and nobody knows all of them. Nearly all of the strangers I've run into who felt the need to lecture me simply didn't recognize what I was doing and they consistently come across condescending. I don't like condescending.

Granted, I wouldn't be doing what that person did, but unless they somehow created a danger to others I would just leave it alone and keep going.

If that were someone in your party, yeah, educate them as to what you find acceptable. That would be fine.

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
Sometimes you find to much. We were heading up the trail, grandkids along. Luckily, son in law was in the lead. He went around a turn and there she was, in all her glory, right in the middle of the trail. we gave her a reasonable time to finish and it was all left right there, paper and all.

Later, son in law pulled her husband aside and gave him a talking. It had been removed by the time we came back down the trail.
this....I'm confused by this whole post.

Grandpa

Son in law went around a corner of the trail and a woman was dumping right in the middle of the trail. He stopped us while she finished so the kids didn't see. Further up the trail, he got the husband aside and they had a little talk.

Chad, no, you wouldn't do this, but if you did, you would need a little lesson in life. This is not just some little non protocol thing but a major issue. And someone needed to let them know this was not acceptable.

Smack

I wouldn't go right ON the trail, but if nature hits, I'm not going miles off the trail just to do my business. Of course, I'd make sure I covered it up, so all the world wouldn't have to see it.

What ticks me off worse than seeing a pile of human feces, is trash. Candy wrappers, soda and beer cans, bottles, etc. Why don't people carry their trash with them? I think littering has to be my biggest pet peeve.

oldsarge

Better to pull you off to the side and talk to you, than to just yell it out loud in front of everyone. I think if I showed respect and talked to some one off to the side and they got an attitude, the next step would be to rub their nose in it! I don't see how it would be like being treated like a toddler. Maybe have an intervention. That's what the world has come to now. We can't swallow our pride a bit and stop to see how our actions effect others. It's not so much the dookie in the trail that bugs me as it is the fact that some bone head had no consideration for others.