What is your favorite time of year?

JeepThrills

I am eagerly waiting for this weather to cool down. I like early fall and early spring. Summer is too hot for me and as I've gotten older I don't like it too cold. How about you? When is your favorite time of the year?

Sute

I was just thinking early this morning, that this is my favourite time of year. When the mornings start to get a bit fresher. I think it might be because it's the time of year I was born.

hummingbird

Spring and Fall are my favorite times of the year. I love being able to hike and see nature either winding up or winding down. I love seeing the plants coming out of the ground and see things coming to life. I also like to see the leaves turn the most brilliant colors and watch them fall. Both times have moderate temperatures that make it easy to hike too.

ponderosa

I love September, definitely the best hiking weather of the year around here. I would say fall, but fall is fleeting and turns quickly to winter around here. Our spring weather is usually a windy, sleety, snowy, slushy, muddy, rainy, blustery mess, and the high country doesn't melt out until at least mid-June. I hate spring other than the fact that it means summer is coming. Summer is good. Winter would be OK if if it didn't last for six months, and I can't say I'm a fan of the 30 mph wind we generally have day in and day out all winter long. And I hate the loooooong hours of darkness in the winter. I really miss the sun from December through February.

dinosaur

troublemaker
My favorite time is when the camp is squared away, dinner is a pleasant memory, plans are made for tomorrow, the fire is going, and I have a seat next to it. - happy hour! I don't care what season it is.

shaun

It's hard to choose, I love all four seasons. I enjoy camping on a warm summer's night but I don't like the mosquitoes, uncomfortable heat and hay fever. I love the cold fresh air in winter but I don't like the long dark nights. My favorite time of the year would probably be autumn - October/November.

Yab9

Any time of the year is great for me. I'm lucky I can adapt to any conditions, it's a bit tricky for me to leave work anytime I want to.

campclose

I love every season and that is why I love living in Upstate NY. Every season has a different "feel". I am eagerly awaiting fall right now. I've had enough of the hot days. Last night I made a comment to my hubby. It was 90 yesterday during the day (walked a festival all day with no shade) by the time we got home and had dinner on the back deck it was in the 70s! I love how the evenings get cooler!

3ofusnow

I like all of the seasons really, but I am usually ready for summer and winter to be over with well before they are. I am really looking forward to Fall right now so that we can go out and do more with the kids.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

I've always considered Autumn to be both the prelude to the other seasons, and the conclusion of past seasons.

As a kid I may have preferred summer (no school!), but since then, the trees start releasing their colorful finery, and the days and nights become cooler. With pleasant dreams of seasons past, I find myself aching to become one with this wonderful season.

Geese flying overhead...summer's birds almost gone...small animals preparing for the cold weather to come...and those frosty mornings. Yes, it's my time of the year.

Marshmallow

We're coming up on my favorite time of year. I love it when it's in the 70s, when the air is crisp but not cold. I love the sounds of acorns scrunching beneath my feet.