What would you eat?

FireBuilder

If you were lost in the wilderness, would you eat bugs? Snakes? Tree bark? On those survival shows those dudes eat some nasty looking things. I'm wondering, if I were hungry enough, would I eat them?

Michael

If you're hungry enough, you'll eat anything. People have tried to boil boots and eat the leather. People have resorted to eating each other.

If you were hungry enough, you would eat bugs and they would taste like the nectar of the gods.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Michael is right. I've eaten barbecued mice and grasshoppers. After that I was able to kill some larger game and eat like a human.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
There is a long running joke between my friends and I that says that the weakest of us will be eaten by the others in a survival situation. Since I have a slight disability (bum leg) and more meat than the others, I may be in grave peril of being eaten by my hungry friends. The plus is that none of them can keep up to me in the bush, so I guess that evens out the odds. If I were on the menu I would simply disappear and mount an ambush. Problem solved and everyone fed.

Seriously though ... I can, and have eaten many forest creatures large and tiny and can usually forage up a meal in the course of my wanderings. I have eaten several types of insects, so no qualms here. Just cook 'em up, ignore the fact that they are bugs and throat 'em down.

My will to live is very strong :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

GIMPYPETER

I lived in the woods back in 1979,while their we ate fish & wild plants & grasshoppers blueberrys & some other bugs,plants were - Danderlion, Fireweed !what a rush

Bear Warrior

I have eaten bugs, dog, cat, snake and many other things. I guess this old Bear isn't particular when it comes to food as long as onions aren't involved. Allergic to them.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Alright, Bear! I've eaten all that too. I still enjoy mountain lion, coyote and fox. Also a shish-ka-bobbed snake is better than lobster. Of course, I like them with wild onions.

oldsarge

People would be surprised to find what they would eat in a survival situation.

Prejudices fade as hunger swells: Well said!