which is your favourite food in camping ?

vinny

i like to eat ready made food during a camping because make a food is very difficult for me so i take some ready made food with me so i just need to do cook that's it.reason for this food is i tired with walk whole day.
what you guys think about it ?
which food is favourite for you guys during the camping ?

tater03

My favorite is hot dogs and ribs cooked out on the grill. I cannot wait for summer so we can start camping and cooking on the grill.

Kev

I agree entirely with the above post. Hot dogs, burgers and ribs are true camping food in my opinion. I too am desperate for the summer to arrive - when it does I hope it doesn't disappoint and we enjoy some decent weather. That'd be a novelty in Britain. ;)

Thomas

I really like fish meals, and that is why i will tell you my favorite fish recipe:

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:

2 bass fillets
1 tablespoon butter
salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste
Preparation:
Place fish in foil, add seasonings, and seal. Place foil pack near the campfire and cook for 18 to 20 minutes.

shaan

we do fajitas on a stick...they can be prepped & marinating during the trip. Bring some pre shredded cheese, tortillas & taco sauce and you are good to go.

A great breakfast is to crack eggs & throw in your omelet ingredients all into a heat safe zip lock or vacuum sealed bag. In the morning you simply bring some water to a boil, drop in the bag and shake occasionally...you end up with some no fuss scrambled eggs.

We are going camping this weekend, here are some items on our current possibilities list: Canned whole potatoes to roast on a skewer; Thick Cut Pork chops with a rosemary (to cook over a mequite wood fire); Pigs in a blanket; fajita kabobs;

My favorite camping food is probably simple potatoes fried in some bacon grease with a little onion & garlic, served with canned baked beans & either fried fresh caught fish or hot dogs roasted on a stick.

henry

While i am cooking, its sandwich as its very easy to cook. If some one else is cooking, i like chicken and some soup.

steven

This was my dad's recipe. It can either be placed on a grill or laid in the coals. You can also make this as a whole dish instead of individuals, in the Dutch oven, or Crock-pot.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:
ground beef
barbecue sauce
onions, finely chopped
potatoes, finely chopped
carrots, finely chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation:
Lay out a square of foil. Take a handful of ground beef and shape into an oval. Make a well, or boat, in the middle. Spread about 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce in the hamburger well. Add in vegetables, salt and pepper. Wrap up and cook until the vegetables are desired tenderness.

richy

CANADIAN HUNT CAMP BAKED BEANS

1 lb white beans
1 qt. cold water
1 medium onion sliced
1/2 tsp. prepared mustard
3 tsps. cider vinegar
2 tbsps. brown sugar
3/4 cup molasses
1 cup ketchup
pinch of black pepper
1/2 pound of bacon
3 tbsps. of your favourite bbq sauce (I prefer bullseye)

Rinse beans and soak overnight in cold water. Cook in soaking water. Cook beans covered in pot in 1 quart water. Cover, heat to boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
Drain, keeping the liquid aside. Mix beans and rest of ingredients in min. 6 qt. casserole dish, dutch oven, roast pan, etc.

Add 3 cups of reserved cooking water. Cover and bake for 4 hours in 250F oven.

Remove and add more water if needed at this time. Remove 1 cup of beans from pot and mash and add back to pot and stir.

Place back in oven for another 2 hours at 250F.

tpk

Mine is meats or small delicacies...metal canned food would be useful

anand

CAMPING COCO

1 c. powdered sugar
1 (6 oz.) jar Prem or Coffee Mate
16 oz. quick chocolate mix
1 (8 qt.) powdered milk

Mix all ingredients together in a sealable container. To make coco fill cup 1/2 full powder to 1/2 cup hot water and stir. Keeps well. Always was enjoyed by our family while on trips and camping.

ACCER

For me it's a tossup between the blackened fish and smores. It's probably the fish. It's freshly caught, cooked over an open flame and a rare treat.

I can eat smores anytime.

justontime

For me it's a tossup between the blackened fish and smores. It's probably the fish. It's freshly caught, cooked over an open flame and a rare treat.

I can eat smores anytime.
Accer, I always enjoy fish too, but what are smores? it is a word that I have not come across before.

SQuirrel

Smores are a very traditional campfire desert. You Roast a marshmallow all nice and toasty brown, then along with a chocolate bar, make a sandwhich between two grahm crackers.

deltic

Smores are a very traditional campfire desert. You Roast a marshmallow all nice and toasty brown, then along with a chocolate bar, make a sandwhich between two grahm crackers.
Yuck! that sounds very sweet and sticky, I don't think I would like that very much.

poster25

I love canned corn beef hash. This is the only time that I can get the whole family to eat it.

poster25

My favorite food in camping is still corned beef hash, but grilled hotdogs is a second favorite. Grilling them over an open campfire is a better taste than when you grill them at home on the BBQ grill.

deltic

There is nothing nicer than enjoying a mug of hot tomato soup in the evening when there is a chill in the air.

Chris

We love fried fish filets of the fish we caught during the day. I take all the ingredients along with us in a ziplock bag. I take a ziplock of flour, one of beaten eggs and one of cracker crumbs crumbled up with cajun seafood seasoning. When you filet and rinse your fish, place it in the bag of flour and shake. Then put it in the bag of egg and shake. Then put it in the bag of cracker crumbs and shake. Then put in a skillet which has vegetable or olive oil heated to frying temperature (just before smoking). Mmmmmm. We usually do baked aluminum foil covered potatoes in the fire while when we leave during the morning and the fire is dying. Then when we come back to camp after fishing we start the fire and put the potatoes around the base of the fire to heat back up. Then we clean the fish and go from there. Everything tastes so good when you're outdoors.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

countrychick

Mine is breakfast. There is just something about cooking breakfast while camping that just hits home with me. Bacon, eggs and hash browns cooked out in the open is yummy.