Wildest Noises?

Walking Man

What are the wildest noises you've ever heard while you were camping at night? I thought the wildcats cry was the strangest thing I ever heard. It sounds just like a baby crying. I had never heard it but my buddy said that's what it was. I was going to go investigate and he told me to stick close by the fire for the night.

campernewbie

The first time I heard the sound of wildcats I was not actually camping, I had just moved from "city life" to "the boonies" and I could hear them at night from my home. I was right about 11-12 or so and it was the first thing that freaked me out after the big move (we moved states too). Now as for camping, I still can hear them but as long as its not close, I am okay with that. :D

WaterBaby

I was once sleeping in a cabin in the mountains and heard rapid steps outside, then heard a long coyote's howl. In the morning, we found their paw prints in our backyard, and I was so excited about it.

Campy

Skunks ! they make the freakiest sounds especially when they are right next to your head just on the other side of the tent. I think there were many many skunks. It's ok just as long as they are squeakin and not sprayin.

Jennifer

Frap

Where I lived as a child we had black panthers that would come up in our yard and eat the scraps we put out for the dogs, right off the back porch. They always sounded like a lady screaming when they would be out snooping and come across another animal or something.

WaterBaby

Skunks ! they make the freakiest sounds especially when they are right next to your head just on the other side of the tent. I think there were many many skunks. It's ok just as long as they are squeakin and not sprayin.

Jennifer
I didn't realize they made noise! The only time I've seen skunks was at summer camp, because they liked to hide under our cabins and we would just avoid them as much as we could.