FOR COFFEE LOVERS

Northern Dancer

OKAY COFFEE LOVERS
LET'S HEAR ABOUT YOUR KIND OF COFFEE
- ONE AT A TIME -
If you want - tell us why it's so good and why you "Luv's" it.

Last edited:

Happy Joe

Apprenntice Geezer
I find that I prefer medium grind Maxwell house, it doesn't seem to have the acid bite that I, often, get with stronger coffees.

Enjoy!

ppine

Forester
There is a whole world of coffee beans out there. Try em all. I really like Blue Mountain from Jamaica, Kona coffee from Hawaii and highland Kenya dark beans. Indonesia and Sumatra have some very flavorful dark coffees.

Right now this is all wishful thinking since I am recovering from some heart problems and can't drink coffee.

Acid normally comes from the cheaper domestica beans like Maxwell House. Better quality coffees are made from arabica beans.

Northern Dancer

Can't go very far in our neck of the woods without seeing a Tim Horton's coffee shop.
Tim Hortons Inc., commonly nicknamed Tim's, or Timmie's is a Canadian multinational coffeehouse and restaurant chain.
Based in Toronto, Tim Hortons serves coffee, doughnuts, and other fast-food items.
It is Canada's largest quick-service restaurant chain, with 5,352 restaurants in 15 countries, as of June 30, 2022

Northern Dancer

Now I have heart problems. I may have to give up coffee forever.
----->Sorry to hear that. What about artificial coffee? Like, I mean, decaffeinated? I have difficulty identifying decaffeinated in excellent brands and often don't really care if it's not the potent stuff.

Roybrew

Well I don't know about that.IMG_20221227_140521254.jpgLast nail in trim bead uhg. Need another piece of glass.IMG_20221206_190331247_HDR.jpg Using my coffee mug as a support when using drill press.IMG_20221213_181138164_HDR.jpg Yep to much coffee. Got overly confident with my wood chisel.
IMG_20221206_182838955.jpg What I thought was a minor adjustment on the table saw.

These are recent. I would have more pictures but my phone crashed and I lost most pictures.bitmoji-1305778472.jpg
Roy

The Great Outdoors

Northern Dancer

Well I don't know about that.View attachment 3862Last nail in trim bead uhg. Need another piece of glass.View attachment 3863 Using my coffee mug as a support when using drill press.View attachment 3864 Yep to much coffee. Got overly confident with my wood chisel.
View attachment 3865 What I thought was a minor adjustment on the table saw.

These are recent. I would have more pictures but my phone crashed and I lost most pictures.View attachment 3866
Roy

The Great Outdoors
-----> Too much coffee in your system? Making reference to your coffee prop I used mine as a hammer once. Yep, I wrecked it.

Roybrew

Used your coffee mug as a hammer? Really? Well I ain't going to say anything. Who am I?

Guess what I just did? Yep another piece of glass bit the dust [emoji34] Same as yesterday. I might as well buy a piece and smash it with a hammer in the parking lot. I ain't told my wife yet. She'll figure it out when we stop at the hardware store tomorrow, and fork over another 15$ for yet another victim of my brutal wood working project. I wasn't drinking my coffee tho, it was behind me on the saw table.

Everything will be OK tho.
Roy

The Great Outdoors

Northern Dancer

Used your coffee mug as a hammer? Really? Well I ain't going to say anything. Who am I?

Guess what I just did? Yep another piece of glass bit the dust [emoji34] Same as yesterday. I might as well buy a piece and smash it with a hammer in the parking lot. I ain't told my wife yet. She'll figure it out when we stop at the hardware store tomorrow, and fork over another 15$ for yet another victim of my brutal wood working project. I wasn't drinking my coffee tho, it was behind me on the saw table.

Everything will be OK tho.
Roy

The Great Outdoors
----->Sounds like you have had a shattering experience.

jason

fear no beer
There is a whole world of coffee beans out there. Try em all. I really like Blue Mountain from Jamaica, Kona coffee from Hawaii and highland Kenya dark beans. Indonesia and Sumatra have some very flavorful dark coffees.

Right now this is all wishful thinking since I am recovering from some heart problems and can't drink coffee.

Acid normally comes from the cheaper domestica beans like Maxwell House. Better quality coffees are made from arabica beans.
Blue Mountain and Kona are good picks. Don't get them very often however. Sorry to hear you may not get anymore.

Death Wish coffee is one I really like too. The flavor is great, but it is expensive and more caffeine then normal.

Roybrew

Anyone had any of that ground coffee that came out of the south end of a north bound Civet?Screenshot_20221231-214801-188.jpg

The Great Outdoors

Northern Dancer

...can't say that I have Kopi luwak Roybrew. However, I did ingest chocolate-coated ants on one occasion. I could tell by the way my friends were staring at me that whatever I was eating had to be expelled immediately. I found the recipe online for those who wish to indulge.

100 African Black Ants
[Apparantly you should avoid red ants because they are too spicy]
1 vanilla bean split and seeds scraped out
[Not sure why you can't use copulas amounts of vanilla extract - the real stuff]
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of melted butter

12 ounces of bittersweet chocolate

:Wave:WARNING :Wave:
I do not, nor does Outdoor Basecamp
endorse or recommend this concoction.
Just sayin.