Fixing up an old one

hikinboot

We have an old pop up camper that is hurting for canvas. It was attacked by a bear, I think it is a 70's model, I am not sure if it is worth it to fix it or not.

Susie

I guess the only way to find out is to shop around for estimates. If you think it's too much, maybe you're better off selling it for what you can get for it to someone who would be interested in fixing it.

hikinboot

I am not sure how hard it would be to do. I am ok with a machine and needle. Has anyone ever replaced one themselves? what would I be getting myself into. I looked around, to have it done is about 2k, not worth it, but I can buy canvas fairly cheap to do it myself.

HikingGuy

The worst part I would have to say, by far, is the velcro attachment and getting it the grooves properly. If you are a novice, may be best left for a pro.

Sophia

We have an old pop up camper that is hurting for canvas. It was attacked by a bear, I think it is a 70's model, I am not sure if it is worth it to fix it or not.
Wow! Were you in it at the time? First of all, it's sounds like it's pretty old, and a bear can do a lot of damage, so I probably wouldn't try fixing it....

Trailer

If you want to, and are willing to learn then I think that this is the perfect project. Don't rush it, but take your time in fixing it up and you might enjoy it.

hikinboot

That may be a good idea, just pick at it and see if I can get some type of shelter made from it. I'm not out that much if I do screw it up.

Bud

You're a braver soul than I am. I would take it to someone who knows what they are doing. I've learned enough from home improvement projects that there's usually more to than meets the eye.