People Who Won't "Rough It"

HikingGuy

We had a huge family reunion last year, most of us geared up to camp in a huge back yard. We had a few family members that opted instead to stay in a hotel because camping in a tent wasn't their thing. Frustrated me!

ChadTower

We had a huge family reunion last year, most of us geared up to camp in a huge back yard. We had a few family members that opted instead to stay in a hotel because camping in a tent wasn't their thing. Frustrated me!

Eh, you have to relax about that stuff. Those people just weren't into it. They would have made camping out miserable for everybody else with complaining if they hadn't used the hotel. It's not for everyone and it ends badly when forced on people who don't like it.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Well, I understand getting meds or having to go milk the cows but cell phones, boxers, hotels and showers? Yeah, I know, the boxer guy did without. Good for him. Sometimes you need to air the package out a bit.

When I made my earlier post, I was talking mostly about food. If I want a block of cheese to make my omelet in the morning, I'll get on my bike or horse and ride. (I've also been known to make beer runs.) I don't see how that's spoiled. It's a pain in the patoot. It's work I could get along without. I've made some pretty long runs too. But when I showed up at the camp site with the beer and provisions, all my camping buddies were cheering.

OutdoorsGirl

After a few days camping, I am certainly appreciative of a shower. I will even settle for a dip in a river or stream, otherwise I am pretty low maintenance.

Bob

I have been an outdoors person all my life. I am now 74 and I still like to go. In fact I like to go more than ever. But I don't rough it anymore. I do truck camp occasionally though.

RoyalAmbassador

Working Camper
Hate may seem a little much, but I do see your point people have many definitions of roughing it so the key is don't let it bother you and ruin your fun. My wifes family get together every year to spend a week together in the mountains to camp and enjoy the company of family [as many as 50+ have gone] not everyone agrees but one thing to remember "Gods Family In Gods Country" "Camp and live longer"

Grandpa

My brothers and sisters and their clingons still meet every year for a camping trip and some do go back to the motel in the evenings but their grandkids and great grandkids stay for the nights. And we don't do this in a backyard but in the Sawtooths or Tetons.

In fact I have just been working out an itinerary for a 7 day backpack in Yellowstone in conjunction with the above family reunion in which some of these grand and great grandpappys will be hiking.