No label tablet computer

DylanT

Has anyone seen or bought one of these?
It's like an iPad but has no manufacturer name but of course is very cheap. Seems to do everything an iPad would. Any ideas who makes it or if it is any good?

:close_tema:

Hyde

I am not sure that I know what a no-label tablet computer is. Do you have a link or something so we could take a look at it. I want a tablet, but I don't have a whole lot of money. Maybe that is the answer.

DragonAge

You made me curious so I went to look it up. By no-label do you mean generic tablets? That was the only search term I could get to return anything. I found these generic tablets for between $105 and $225.

oldmangunner

Wow, that is cheap. My gut instinct is to say, "You get what you pay for." At the same time, isn't a tablet just a glorified smart phone that can't make phone calls?

Ilovelife

You certainly would have to be careful with those things. They will have less memory and the batter won't be as good as a name brand tablet. But you still get wi fi and in some cases access to 3g.

CatsEye

I just saw something of this sort around $90 at our local BigLots store which is a sort of clearance store. They go around buying up things that they have overruns or things that are discountinued. I didn't run out and buy one cause they don't always have the best quality stuff.

Lamebeaver

It depends on what you plan on doing with it. The very similar B & K Nook Color is $30 more, and you can't directly access the Android OS without hacking it.

I'm not particularly impressed with the "apps" that come with it, as you can easily access most of these resources via the internet.

The Skype app is one exception. In fact, this WOULD make it a phone, as long as you have internet access.

Go buy yourself a new toy! Sound kinda fun!

IndianaHiker

That tablet is really more of a book reader. I have a book reader that I spent 100 bucks on that has a faster processor than this one has. I think I would stay away from it. The add makes a big deal of of stuff that is included that are free anyway. Also you might find that you cant use any of the app stores with this without hacking it. If this is the case unless all you want to do is surf the net and read books you might no be happy with it.

carmen

Most times when you get cheap it ends up expensive in the long run. I really do not think that for something I would need for work (and work pays for it) that something without a name would fly for my bosses.

DThewanderer

How can you tell

I used to see alot of that kind of stuff in Kuwait. Some of it is good stuff, some is garbage.
For $100 I might jump.
DC
I guess the question becomes, how can you tell what the good stuff is and what is junk without having to spend the money to find out. If you bought that and it broke, and got another right there you could have paid double right off the bat.

CozInCowtown

I guess the question becomes, how can you tell what the good stuff is and what is junk without having to spend the money to find out. If you bought that and it broke, and got another right there you could have paid double right off the bat.
That pretty much sums it up.
Save $50 and end up with a pos or cough up the $$$ and get a name brand with a warranty.
DC